Self obsessed?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarahpoppy24

Reaction score
Hey guys, quiet random and I'm not sure if it's just me but has anyone got any facebook friend/Instagram people who are literally obsessed with themselves. I'm not on about teenagers or kids etc I mean like grown men and women who literally post endless selfies, endless pictures of bags and clothes they got for themselves (or partners got then) constant "new hair" "looking fresh" pictures etc. Tag them selves into expensive restraints all the time or shopping centres (even though you know they are not even getting much money lol). Also they post pictures of their body's saying "hard work paying off" or something similar. They also seem to have lots of "haters" and "jealous" stalkers etc. can anyone relate? Lol xx

Yep!

I have one friend who goes to Facebook for everything. I ended up hiding her from my timeline because everyday there was a picture of her face on my timeline where she'd posted a selfie!

She's going through a bit of a showing off phase at the moment. She had just had weight loss surgery, she won't tell anyone she's had it but she keeps mentioning she's had surgery and it's like she's had something major done. Will never hear the end of it. She only had it a week ago and there've already been 5 statuses with updates on how much she's lost.
She wants a new car, so she posts pictures of quite expensive cars for her friends to choose.
She wants an iPad, so she asks people if she should buy one.
She is going on holiday so she posts how she's paid for her whole family to go with her.

Honestly, it's never bloody ending!

The constant selfie of endless pouting with ✌ stuck up! Snapchat you, constant changing boyfriend ect
I just hit the delete & block button!
Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

Hey guys, quiet random and I'm not sure if it's just me but has anyone got any facebook friend/Instagram people who are literally obsessed with themselves. I'm not on about teenagers or kids etc I mean like grown men and women who literally post endless selfies, endless pictures of bags and clothes they got for themselves (or partners got then) constant "new hair" "looking fresh" pictures etc. Tag them selves into expensive restraints all the time or shopping centres (even though you know they are not even getting much money lol). Also they post pictures of their body's saying "hard work paying off" or something similar. They also seem to have lots of "haters" and "jealous" stalkers etc. can anyone relate? Lol xx

For this reason I hate Facebook! It just ends up irritating the life out of me, people can be so vain. I end up hiding loads of people, there won't be anyone left on my timeline at this rate!

I find these are the people who are so insecure that they need the constant attention and compliments. What I find even worse are the people who are oblivious to this and fuel it by paying them constant compliments and telling them how amazing they are/look.

I had a junior that documented her life on fb & ig, she was trying to pull the wool over my eyes on a few "sick days" which I ovs caught her out, when I was sacking her I said.... love if u fart it's on Facebook did u really think I wouldn't find out you were at the beach? She wasn't impressed. I have tons of self obsessed people on my news feed lol 😂

The worst one on my news feed is actually a man! He's so obsessed with himself and his body and is always posting selfies and pictures of clothes he is getting and doing crap "banter" where he takes the Micky out of other people's looks. Also makes memes and e cards about himself and post pics of expensive jewlery he has. He loves at home with his mum and can't keep a girl friend, there's a new one every week. I could go on lol xx

The worst one on my news feed is actually a man! He's so obsessed with himself and his body and is always posting selfies and pictures of clothes he is getting and doing crap "banter" where he takes the Micky out of other people's looks. Also makes memes and e cards about himself and post pics of expensive jewlery he has. He loves at home with his mum and can't keep a girl friend, there's a new one every week. I could go on lol xx

Sarah
He sounds like a Narcissist! It is a known fact that Facebook is bringing out Narcisssism in individuals it is very unhealthy.
I just don't get it!
Why anyone would think that others are interested in minute detail as to what is happening in their often mundane lives is beyond me!

As for anorexia, self harming etc admittances into hospital has escalated due to the fact that young girls are basing their self esteem on what others think of them or "like" very very sad!

Yeah that's exactly what my friend said I just wasn't sure of how to spell it! Facebook= shrine to myself lol! X

I had a junior that documented her life on fb & ig, she was trying to pull the wool over my eyes on a few "sick days" which I ovs caught her out, when I was sacking her I said.... love if u fart it's on Facebook did u really think I wouldn't find out you were at the beach? She wasn't impressed. I have tons of self obsessed people on my news feed lol ��
If you play with feathers, you get your arse tickled! Serves her right!

Last edited:
My cousin used to check in everywhere on fb, at the pub, at the park, then one day checked her and her parents& brother in at the airport with the caption "2 week break in dubai" guess what!?!?! They came home an empty home and all 3 cars robbed off the drive! The insurance didnt cover anything! I never check in anywhere now and make sure nobody im with checks me in either! X

Kind Regards, Ellis :)

I think Facebook brings out the worst in people, I noticed recently that a few people on my list have taken to using "positive thinking and the law of attraction" to religious levels and are forcing it on people! I have seen indirect updates slagging people off who are having a hard time in life for bringing it upon themselves somehow! I don't put things on FB that are too personal but these updates came at a time when I had bereavements to deal with along with other sad things beyond my control, and it upset me to see people being so inconsiderate and lacking so much compassion. Ok so they didn't know I was dealing with these things but I still deleted them. Good for them if they feel great, but why act superior over it? I don't know if the world is just becoming more n more selfish or if people don't realise how awful social media is making them look without it being deliberate. Either way if it was all banned tomorrow I wouldn't miss it. It literally looks like nobody in the world cares about anyone but themselves and I hope to heaven that is not true. Urgh rant on lol. I like that people tag me in posts when someone is looking for a mobile beauty therapist though, nice to know I'm being recommended, I did deactivate but I came back for my clients, they always inbox despite having my number. 😕 what is a girl to do?

My cousin used to check in everywhere on fb, at the pub, at the park, then one day checked her and her parents& brother in at the airport with the caption "2 week break in dubai" guess what!?!?! They came home an empty home and all 3 cars robbed off the drive! The insurance didnt cover anything! I never check in anywhere now and make sure nobody im with checks me in either! X

Kind Regards, Ellis :)

Omg that is awful! They are very silly people for advertising an empty home but it's still awful they were robbed.
This is why i never ever check in, I switched off the location thing too because if someone private messages and you reply they can see on a map where you sent the message from! I've had people enquire about beauty treatments and then get creepy (where massage is concerned) and it freaks me out that they could work out where I live from that. I'm probably paranoid lol.

Ok what about this forever living everyone seems to be doing at the moment! That is strange people are liking it to a cult down my way lol. 😂😂xx

Sarah

He sounds like a Narcissist! It is a known fact that Facebook is bringing out Narcisssism in individuals it is very unhealthy.

I just don't get it!

Why anyone would think that others are interested in minute detail as to what is happening in their often mundane lives is beyond me!

As for anorexia, self harming etc admittances into hospital has escalated due to the fact that young girls are basing their self esteem on what others think of them or "like" very very sad!

Fuzzy duck I was going to say I read a on article about how FB is making narcissistics worse as it's an ultimate platform for there behaviour !!

I was on FB for probably a yr then got soooo sick of the fake/ ridiculous/ emperors new clothes BS that I promptly deleted the app & deactivated my account!! I've actually caused a mini revolt amongst my clients who have taken a leaf out if my book & done the same! It's weird though people look at me like I've got a disease when I say I don't do FB but the funnily enough I always get the same response which is "oh I have but I hardly EVER go on it, I'm just nosey!"
The worst most distasteful cr*p is the mothers/fathers who tag themselves at A&E with a picture saying "look at my poor baby!!" They are waiting for the plethora of responses "oh what's up Hun!" "Hope all is ok!?whats happened!?" DEAL WITH YOUR CHILD BEING ILL RATHER THAN WANTING THE ATTENTION & SYMPATHY VOTE OFF OF YOUR VIRTUAL FRIENDS !!!

Ok what about this forever living everyone seems to be doing at the moment! That is strange people are liking it to a cult down my way lol. 😂😂xx

God I've had loads of people phoning me about this recently wanting to get me on board their new adventure!! It's actually been around for years it's aloe Vera health juices/products etc that encourage weightloss. No other experience necessary!😉x

I'm so over all of the self obsessed on social media. Can't stand the ones that brag and show-off all the time either. "Just jetted off to Napa for the weekend!"

I rarely log onto FB because the layout is so outdated, but even on my private IG account where it's basically about my dog's breed, people are constantly too self obsessed.

We have mirrors. The dumb ones must use their phone cameras as a mirror.

Oh and have you all noticed the ones on Instagram who use apps to make their skin look better? Similar to photoshop. Say they do a group shot with friends at dinner, they make their skin look buffed with the app yet they don't use the app on anyone else. So around the table everyone looks normal aside the the self obsessed one that has buffed out her skin to look like a fake peach :green:

Last edited:
I'm so over all of the self obsessed on social media. Can't stand the ones that brag and show-off all the time either. "Just jetted off to Napa for the weekend!"

I rarely log onto FB because the layout is so outdated, but even on my private IG account where it's basically about my dog's breed, people are constantly too self obsessed.

We have mirrors. The dumb ones must use their phone cameras as a mirror.

Oh and have you all noticed the ones on Instagram who use apps to make their skin look better? Similar to photoshop. Say they do a group shot with friends at dinner, they make their skin look buffed with the app yet they don't use the app on anyone else. So around the table everyone looks normal aside the the self obsessed one that has buffed out her skin to look like a fake peach :green:

Hahaha that is hilarious amount the fake peachy green! I see it all the time!!!

I can't stand it when people put on statuses to say they are feeling angry or fed up or annoyed by someone/something then they get about 100 comments asking 'what's wrong babe etc' then say nothing or they will reply with 'PM me ' just to keep the suspense going!!!!

Same for people that put things up for sale but no price 😩 especially cars! Wtf lol

Latest posts

Back