Selling tea and coffee

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been surprised how many people get excited that I offer them a biscuit with their tea/coffee and that the cups match my decor.

Simple touches.

The salon that hopefully I will be working for offer, water & lemon slices, wine, green tea and tea and coffee in gorgeous cups and saucers with lovely biscuits all complementary.

I wouldn't pay extra for tea and coffee. I thought that was the norm for salons? Every one I have been in offered me a beverage whether its a more expensive drink or not.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Would you pay extra if it was stated that all money earnt would be donated to charity as that is what im thinking of doing? X

Honestly, I'd feel obliged to. But, I'm not sure I'd be particularly happy about it.
I give to charity anyway. I wouldn't like feeling I HAVE to (and it might be a charity I don't agree with).
It may stop me coming a second time.

The odd occasion maybe, for Red Nose Day or comic relief type thing. But not a regular thing.

This depends on the message you want to send to your clients. Charging for beverages comes across as a little déclassé. All the luxuries and little extras I provide are accounted for, clients know that they are paying for everything they receive, but when the service you receive is excellent the cost doesn't event enter ones' mind. I would feel quite disgruntled if someone charged me for a drink.

I have a menu from which clients can select a range of juices, coffees, teas and wine, which are all served with an individually wrapped biscuit. I would strongly recommend you work the price into your services or don't do it. I've never visited a spa, salon or hairdressers where they charge, it simply doesn't look professional.

I've been surprised how many people get excited that I offer them a biscuit with their tea/coffee and that the cups match my decor.

Simple touches.

It's true, it's the little things that make the difference. we have tea, coffee, hot chocolate, herbal/ fruit teas and iced water to choose from and they get served in lovely bone china cups from Laura Ashley that match the wallpaper with a little wrapped chocolate or biscuit and they always comment on how nice it is that it matches and enjoy the little chocolate. I don't drink coffee much myself but stick to douwe egberts as always get comments on how nice the coffee is. I just bought a tassimo machine for my hubby at home and was considering getting one for the salon but it will cost a lot more and I think clients are happy with what they get so would be an unnecessary expense at the mo.

We worked with the bistro next door to create our drinks menu, we served tea coffee and cordial complimentary that we made ourselves, we had a tablet thing to send orders through to them and they'd bring to the client and bill us monthly, we added the price to clients bill, where her usual prices in deli were £2-4 a drink for salon clients it wasn't over £1.50 and she offered a 50% discount on paninis wraps etc Loads of green tea, fruit teas, various coffees hot chocolates and flavours all £1 or £1.50 and only one person ever ordered in the 6 months we trialled it, staff used it more than clients haha. They all prefered the free stuff x

I wouldn't charge a client for drinks.

I provide free tea/coffee/juice or for a special occasions Buck's Fizz.

It's all about pampering the client and to charge them for tea or coffee etc which in reality is quite cheap to buy comes across a bit penny pinching and tight.

It my hairdresser started charging me for tea I would bring my own drinks in.

Not only are people paying for a treatment, they are paying for an experience and to be pampered

If my hairdresser started charging for drinks, even if the money went to charity, I would swiftly change salons. Sorry.

For the cost of good coffee and tea, just include it in the price its really not that expensive. At my spa I offer lattes, cappuccinos, espresso, regular coffee and a variety of loose leaf teas, all complimentary. I just added syrups to the menu in vanilla, hazelnut and caramel. The most expensive is a latte with a shot of syrup at the cost of £1.

I use a Nespresso machine with frother and syrups from Starbucks.

I love the sound of that!

Sent from my SM-N915G using SalonGeek mobile app

I love the sound of that!

Thanks! It's such a treat for my clients and the cost is so low it's worth it.

Absolutely!
I much prefer a special tea or coffee as a treat. To sit back knowing you have the time to sip on something of quality is nothing less than luxury!

Latest posts

Back