Semi permanent colour advice please....

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

salon-sal

Reaction score
Hi:)
I have a client who has been buying and using Just for Men hair dye. He likes the coverage and wants me to do it professionally. I am unfamilliar with this product but reading the box and by talking to him it seems it contains no peroxide, and is very natural looking, so a semi permanent?
Does anyone know of a professional range that would be suitable? I was thinking of Wella's colourfresh? Does anyone else have a client who wants it very natural but also the grey covered?! He is naturally a base 4 and the grey is only at the sides.
Thanks for any help on this.
Sally.

Hi:)
I have a client who has been buying and using Just for Men hair dye. He likes the coverage and wants me to do it professionally. I am unfamilliar with this product but reading the box and by talking to him it seems it contains no peroxide, and is very natural looking, so a semi permanent?
Does anyone know of a professional range that would be suitable? I was thinking of Wella's colourfresh? Does anyone else have a client who wants it very natural but also the grey covered?! He is naturally a base 4 and the grey is only at the sides.
Thanks for any help on this.
Sally.

Hi sal, do be careful if you do this mans hair with any other colour at all
as I think the box dye he is talking about contain metallic salts
and can cause unwanted tones and chemical and heat reactions on the scalp,
please make sure you do an incompatability test first ,
also I think loreal do a mens hair colour that you can apply at the back wash , :) hth

Ps, colour fresh won't colour grey, but colour touch will , as colour touch is a quasi demi semi
(in between a semi and a tint)
and will last longer and won't lighten his natural tone if used with 1.9% releaser 1+2

h, the way just for men used to work is that it was a progressive dye using metallic salts , i think the colour deepens with time and application . I think that lo real has brought out a new mens dye with a similar effect ( but hopefully without the nastys)

Hiya,
just done a bit of research for you RE; just for men hair dye have got a range of opinions just look through and its up to you really some are positive some are a bit scary tbh. :S

hope this helps you and him in either carrying out the service with caution or recomennding something else

amy x

"If you are a man, a better alternative is MiN New York's home color / touch up kit. Again, this processes within 5 minutes, but this color will fade true to tone in about 4-6 weeks. It's professional grade formula will help you get better results. More information on this product can be found on http://minnewyork.com, http://amazon.com , http://menessentials.com , and http://folica.com."

"Just for Men contains metallic salts. I use this product in demonstrations to show how hair can fizz and disintegrate!
It has the same pH as Sun In and is the very worst thing you can put on hair!

It is marketed for men who apparently haven't got much time to spend on their hair so want a quick, tint-and-go"

"made for coarse, hard-to-color hair, blends shades of your natural color into your gray so subtly, no one can tell."

"my dad used Just for men hair dye and is having a really bad allergic reaction to it.He did the 48 hr test and it was fine, nothing happened. So he dyed his hair and only left it in for about 5-10mins. About a hour after, his arm that he did the test on welted up and got really bad. Then his whole head and scalp started itching and started getting red bumps. Then, the next day his head and eye swelled up really bad. Now, both his eyes and entire head/forehead are swollen, red, and his scalp is weeping. He's using benedryl & it is helping a little bit, but not very much or fast."

I would also recommend Wella Colour Touch. If he has used the home colour before, it may well be cut out by now, still worth an incompatibility test though

:lol:Wow, thanks everyone for all your time and efforts. Have deciced to go with colour touch as i think it will do a good job. He only used the JFM at the sides and its all cut out now. Thanks once again that was so helpful.

Latest posts

Back