Semi permanent cosmetics

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeautifyMe19

Reaction score
Hey fellow geeks!
Like the title says.. I've booked in for semi permanent brows because I use a pencil to fill them in everyday! I'm nervous but excited I'm a bit of a wuss haha.
Anyway just wondering if anyone has had them done? Xx

I'd like to know this too as I pencil mine on everyday and I've looked into semi permenant brows and there are very mixed reviews xxx

Sent from my GT-S5363 using SalonGeek

I had mine done last april, i wouldn't say it's painful but it's not comfortable, like a stinging, one was worse than the other and that eye was just streaming all the way through. Whatever you do, do NOT pick them afterwards, oh my god, it's sooo tempting, but you can't :lol: i'm really pleased with mine, i don't have to pencil them in at all now, i was recommended to use nappy rash cream after which was great, bapathems... something like that. Make sure you see peoples work before you go with them, i had mine done by someone and they screwed them right up and i ended up paying double to have them done properly x

I had mine done last april, i wouldn't say it's painful but it's not comfortable, like a stinging, one was worse than the other and that eye was just streaming all the way through. Whatever you do, do NOT pick them afterwards, oh my god, it's sooo tempting, but you can't :lol: i'm really pleased with mine, i don't have to pencil them in at all now, i was recommended to use nappy rash cream after which was great, bapathems... something like that. Make sure you see peoples work before you go with them, i had mine done by someone and they screwed them right up and i ended up paying double to have them done properly x

Aw thanks for the reply!! This helps a lot!
Yeah I can imagine it not being painful but like scratching eek well beauty is pain ;) haha!
Well I've seen loads of photos of this women's work and she's had good reviews so that's what I've gone on really.. Not cheap for 350£. I think with something like this you kind of think worst like your going to end up with different brows! Xx

I'd like to know this too as I pencil mine on everyday and I've looked into semi permenant brows and there are very mixed reviews xxx

Sent from my GT-S5363 using SalonGeek

Mixed reviews as in what? It going wrong? Ha argh! Xx

Aw thanks for the reply!! This helps a lot!
Yeah I can imagine it not being painful but like scratching eek well beauty is pain ;) haha!
Well I've seen loads of photos of this women's work and she's had good reviews so that's what I've gone on really.. Not cheap for 350£. I think with something like this you kind of think worst like your going to end up with different brows! Xx

mine was £89 and then £50 for the top up. just don't panic when you first look in the mirror, they will be dark but they will fade. also i took loads of pictures of brows i liked the look of and drew my eyebrows in a million times and took pictures so i could see what it looked like on me, then when i found a shape i liked i drew them in like that on the day so the lady could see. you'd be surprised how hard it is to explain a brow shape!!! lol x

i love the idea of having my brows permanently on after years of over waxing and "fashionable" skinny brows back in the day!! anyone who i have seen local to me that's had them has total scouse brows though, i like the look of the individual hair strokes so I'm still looking!! xx

I offer this as a treatment, and also have mine done regularly (cant do my own lol).

As long as your therapist is good, you should be overjoyed at the results. Ensure the pictures you have seen are of her work and not copied from the internet - speak directly with her other clients if necessary. Dont worry if they look very dark initially, this will fade rapidly over the next month. Follow all aftercare carefully and, as said above, do NOT pick, even if they start to itch (which they probably will).

Have a thorough consultation with your therapist, ensure you agree with the shape before she starts (I often find its a good idea to take a photo of the pencilled-on shape before treatment starts, so in addition to looking into a mirror, you can also look at your photo iykwim - it sometimes gives you another aspect of the final result).

Ask if any follow-up treatment is included in the initial price. I include this with all new clients after a minimum of 6 weeks, but not all therapists do.

Good luck and happy eyebrows xxx

mine was £89 and then £50 for the top up. just don't panic when you first look in the mirror, they will be dark but they will fade. also i took loads of pictures of brows i liked the look of and drew my eyebrows in a million times and took pictures so i could see what it looked like on me, then when i found a shape i liked i drew them in like that on the day so the lady could see. you'd be surprised how hard it is to explain a brow shape!!! lol x

God that's cheap isn't it.
Yeah I've heard about them being dark for a week or so till they heal.. It's ok anyway I have dark brows ha. Yeah I think I may take brows in to show haha I'm such a perfectionist! Xx

I offer this as a treatment, and also have mine done regularly (cant do my own lol).

As long as your therapist is good, you should be overjoyed at the results. Ensure the pictures you have seen are of her work and not copied from the internet - speak directly with her other clients if necessary. Dont worry if they look very dark initially, this will fade rapidly over the next month. Follow all aftercare carefully and, as said above, do NOT pick, even if they start to itch (which they probably will).

Have a thorough consultation with your therapist, ensure you agree with the shape before she starts (I often find its a good idea to take a photo of the pencilled-on shape before treatment starts, so in addition to looking into a mirror, you can also look at your photo iykwim - it sometimes gives you another aspect of the final result).

Ask if any follow-up treatment is included in the initial price. I include this with all new clients after a minimum of 6 weeks, but not all therapists do.

Good luck and happy eyebrows xxx

Yeah I know a couple of people that have had them done by her so it kind of makes it a little better.. I think I just worry like I'm going to walk out with wonky brows ha! As I like to say brows are like sisters not twins ;).

Ah yeah thanks I forgot to ask about the follow up treatment.. What happens if you don't get this? Will the results be not as good? Xx

Yeah I know a couple of people that have had them done by her so it kind of makes it a little better.. I think I just worry like I'm going to walk out with wonky brows ha! As I like to say brows are like sisters not twins ;).

Ah yeah thanks I forgot to ask about the follow up treatment.. What happens if you don't get this? Will the results be not as good? Xx

i got told a top up treatment isn't always necessary but personally mine was, mine shrank a little after they had healed and i felt they were too thin, also i had a small patch which was a lot lighter.... i picked it :o but that is why you shouldn't pick!!!! After my first treatment i was very pleased, but after my top up they were perfect :)

i got told a top up treatment isn't always necessary but personally mine was, mine shrank a little after they had healed and i felt they were too thin, also i had a small patch which was a lot lighter.... i picked it :o but that is why you shouldn't pick!!!! After my first treatment i was very pleased, but after my top up they were perfect :)

Well I messaged her and I do get a follow up treatment :) so that's good ... Can't wait now booked in for 2nd April!! Haha Il try not to pick them xx

Latest posts

Back