Semi-permanent make-up..im concerned!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lenniexx

Reaction score
Hiya ive had my eyebrows done with semi-permanent makeup and its started to flake of after 3 days and no pigmentation where its come of its completly gone should i be worried ive emailed the women whi done this and her information is a bit confusin
should it happen this fast and shiuld i expect the colour to return to after a few weeks???

leanne.

Hi I have had my eyebrows done as well, after abut 3 days or so the little bit of crusting that occurs starts to flake off, the colour underneath will not be as dark as the original colour that was put on, thats always more dramatic, as with any sort of tattoo, I know I thought my colour had all come off as I saw the flakes...But once all the crust has gone and you left with your own skin you will have nice eyebrows Im sure hun... hth...xx

Just want to agree with Suze. Wait until next week and if you're not left with a lovely tattooed brow, then contact her as it shouldn't be that pale. xxx

Thanks for the replys...as the "scabs" have come off there is no colour at all just my normal skin i dont know whats gone wrong been treating it as i was told with the cream but no there isnt any colour there at all at the moment
but i will wait for a week and see what happens see if the colour comes back
leannex

Hiya there, i've a lady who comes to the salon i work in to do that and had my lip liner done. after it scabs up and the scab comes off it looks as if the pigment has gone but it will return in a week or two. i paniced first time too but its normal and will return after a few days/a week! hope you like them when it comes back! XX

ah sounds like ill just stop worrying and wait and see what happens
made me feel a bit better thought id done something worng
thanks again for the help
leanne
x

Hiya, It sounds to me that the tech who did your treatemnt is new to this business. It maybe that they do not have enough pressure on implanting the colour.
You should have paid for 2 treatments your first initial treatmnet and a re-touch?
I would mention to her that your worried the 2nd re-touch may not be strong enough, and if you require another 3rd session???it should be in with the price agreed.

good luck
jenx

Hiya ive had my eyebrows done with semi-permanent makeup and its started to flake of after 3 days and no pigmentation where its come of its completly gone should i be worried ive emailed the women whi done this and her information is a bit confusin
should it happen this fast and shiuld i expect the colour to return to after a few weeks???

leanne.
Hi it is normal for brows to flake after having a treatment and sometimes the pigment completley faeds for a few days - then comes back. Your permanent makeup technician should have booked you back in 4 weeks to 3 months later to check on your brows.

Hiya, It sounds to me that the tech who did your treatemnt is new to this business. It maybe that they do not have enough pressure on implanting the colour.
You should have paid for 2 treatments your first initial treatmnet and a re-touch?
I would mention to her that your worried the 2nd re-touch may not be strong enough, and if you require another 3rd session???it should be in with the price agreed.

good luck
jenx

This is exactley right.

Your first visit should simply be your initial colour application. You should leave the clinic and the area treated will appear very dark and intense - darker than you'd like in fact.

It should remain this dark for approx. 7 days. During this time it will scab, maybe itch and then flake. DO NOT pull at the scab as the underlying pigment will come away with the scab!

After this time, the treated area is trying to heal, and therefore the is concealed by this healing skin. The colour will be invisible to the eye(but be assured it is there), but will not begin to reaaper for upto 4 weeks at least. It may be very pale or is few cases not return at all untill your next visit.

However, at your follow up visit the area will be retouched and after this healing period it should be a true likeness of the agreed colour discussed in your colour consultation. Powedered Brows generally take only 2 visits, yet Hair Simulation Brows can take sometimes 3-4 to perfect the inividual hairs.

Follow-up visits are covered in the initial treatment cost.

I hope this has helped and if you have any other questions at all, please just ask! xx

Latest posts

Back