Semi Permanent Makeup-help please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sparkleberry

Reaction score
Hello everyone, ok so Im in a bit of a muddle and trying to make sense of things and was hoping to be able to fraw on all your expertise/advice!Im considering a move into micropigmantation/semi perm makeup, but have a few concerns. Ok-so maybe I have this ocd thing or just plain paranoia (sp?!) but I can see myself panicing every 2 seconds about cross contamination between clients, how do you ensure that there is absolutely no chance of contaminating your new client with your previous clients bodily fluids, well blood? Also, for myself, Id be a wreck I think stressing out over whether Id got their blood on me and if there was going to be any harm done as a result. Pathetic I know. How do you know if your machine is 100% safe, the ones Ive read about, or come across all have disposable needles but what about backtracking past the needle into parts that arent sterilised? What is the best school to train with aswell?There are so many I wouldnt know where to start! Also, is this likely to be one of those things that 10years on there is going to be information that we didnt know 'back then' that would leave everyone whove had it done seriously regretting it?Like for eg, the risks of contamination between clients was actually much much higher than anyone ever realised or the pigments used were actually doing more harm than anyone ever realised. Sorry to go on, I must sound like a right idiot!

Any advice would be much appreciated though!

Thankyou

I get someone in to my salon to do my clients. If I were you, I would find a reputable company (I think finishing touches do training) and throw all your questions at them. They will answer them in a jiffy xx

I trained with Finishing Touches in Harley St and they will teach you everyhting you need to know about this. Their machine, the Precision Plus is made so that nothing can back flow into the hand piece.

It's all about good training and following what they tell you. xxx

Hi, It is down to the tech first of all,are they using and doing the correct cleaning prcedures and waste disposal. Do they have bad habbits? i.e. putting blood contaminates on the serfice area where they work from, not dispose of needles correctly, not using hazard waste that is correctly disposed of, not cleaning areas of work between each client, toching clinic furniture with the same gloves on (not taking them off and replacing with a new pair)..i could go on and on. THINGS TO LOOK OUT FOR.
Sadly there are some very large companies that are experiencing problems with their equipment and its allowing the chance of cross contamination.
depends on the equipment used, there are some new digi machines on the market that contaminates have been reported to have got into the machine handpiece cylinder and can cause serious problems with cross contamination.
The Precision plus, specially designed not to allow back flow.
I am so glad this is the machine i use.
As a client or a PMU technician, research research research

good luck

I trained with Finishing Touches in Harley St and they will teach you everyhting you need to know about this. Their machine, the Precision Plus is made so that nothing can back flow into the hand piece.

It's all about good training and following what they tell you. xxx

Finishing Touches gets my vote too. I have modelled for them down in Haywards Heath for areola tattooing and they are very good.
Posted via Mobile Device

Hi there,

I have had an absolute nightmare experience with semi permanent eyeliner procedure. It has left me looking awful and I am so upset. My eyes were bleeding at the end of the 2nd procedure I am now looking to get some correctional work done elsewhere.

Please, please take my advice and completely research your therapist, don't just go by their tesimonials on their website!! Ask friends, relatives, investigate everything!! Also please demand a patch test

:irked:

At the end of the day, it's ALL down to how good the tech is. A lot of sites will have stock photo's provided by their training school or they've purchased them. The reasons for this are that if you saw permanent make up immediately after it had been done, you'd never have it done. It's very dark and can be sore. Another problem is that you must get client permission to show their photo's and most people don't want that. Ideally, we need to see a photo after the second appointment and a couple of weeks after it's healed......but how do we get those photo's?

I never take any notice at all of testimonials as they could all be fabrication. I have some on my site whihc are genuine but I could have made them all up......how would you know!

Recommendation is the best way and ask to see before and after photo's. If I was having it done, I would call say either Finishing Touches or Nouveau Conture and ask for the number of their tutors as they all teach and do permanent make up for clients.

Sorry, I know this has diverted a little from the original post but I hope it helps. xxx

At the end of the day, it's ALL down to how good the tech is. A lot of sites will have stock photo's provided by their training school or they've purchased them. The reasons for this are that if you saw permanent make up immediately after it had been done, you'd never have it done. It's very dark and can be sore. Another problem is that you must get client permission to show their photo's and most people don't want that. Ideally, we need to see a photo after the second appointment and a couple of weeks after it's healed......but how do we get those photo's?

I never take any notice at all of testimonials as they could all be fabrication. I have some on my site which are genuine but I could have made them all up......how would you know!

Recommendation is the best way and ask to see before and after photo's. If I was having it done, I would call say either Finishing Touches or Nouveau Conture and ask for the number of their tutors as they all teach and do permanent make up for clients.

Sorry, I know this has diverted a little from the original post but I hope it helps. xxx

Well said, Kim! I've already heard of your excellent reputation in permanent make-up, from satisfied clients on this site - and I've had very good experience of treatment with Finishing Touches (who you trained with) after being a model on their training courses.

Incidentally, the following web sites are of trainers who work for Finishing Touches who have supervised work that was done on me personally, and I would highly recommend both of them (there's another lady as well who is also excellent but she doesn't have a web site by the look of it):

Tarryn Vice - Permanent Make-up Solutions - Seriously...
Gail Proudman - Semi Permanent Make Up. SPMU by Gail Proudman

So if you went for treatment with either of these ladies, you'd be in very safe hands - they've got lots of experience, and teach permanent make-up to a very high standard as well as performing treatments on clients themselves...

can you tell me why my eyebrows are fading or completely coming off as I dont know, a couple of clients are coming back for touch ups with nothing left. Eyeliner and Lipliner are fine so I dont know whats going wrong. Can anyone help?

I am in the same position, looking to train in 2010 but yet to find a comapny I am happy with, let me know how you go. I would have thought the pigment is simular to tattooing so I doubt anything bad will be found later on about the pigment as tatoos have been going for years. Good luck x

natural enhancement Tracey simpson...all the way 2nd to none training. the best by far.x

Latest posts

Back