Sending Text Messages from your pc?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jen Smith

theHOTWAXroom
Reaction score
I have started sending reminder texts to clients and it seems like they are gratefully received as some had forgotten their appointment and served as a reminder as they intended to do.

Now I HATE sending texts on my phone ... it just really annoys me and takes me forever, where as typing is so easy and quick for me.

Do any of you know of any software that allows you to send texts from your pc to other peoples phones?

Thanks in anticipation for any help :hug:

Hiya

I used to do this regularly via the internet when I used to run my dance business. Can't remember off the top of my head the exact site I used to use but there's loads on the internet if you do a google search. Try this site for starters:

Message Media

Good luck

Jenni
x

Oddly enough just after reading your thread Jen I went back to the Blogs page and the following was a ad an in the ad box at the top of the page - it costs 10p + VAT for each text message you send, but looks quite simple to set up and use.

http://www.pelicantxt.com

I'm guessing you could offset the costs in your tax return, but if you get free texts with your mobile phone package it would be more cost effective to use those, especially if you have a tariff with free unlimited text (I know Vodafone have one for £35 per month as I'm on it). Your texting will get better with practise, and you can set up a template text on your phone and just add the correct details rather than doing a new text each time.

HTH

Last edited:
Oddly enough just after reading your thread Jen I went back to the Blogs page and the following was a ad an in the ad box at the top of the page - it costs 10p + VAT for each text message you send, but looks quite simple to set up and use.

PelicanTxt: bringing small businesses closer to their customers

I'm guessing you could offset the costs in your tax return, but if you get free texts with your mobile phone package it would be more cost effective to use those, especially if you have a tariff with free unlimited text (I know Vodafone have one for £35 per month as I'm on it). Your texting will get better with practise, and you can set up a template text on your phone and just add the correct details rather than doing a new text each time.

HTH

I do have unlimited Texts but not noticed a text template on my phone... umm.. will have a play and see what I can find as this would be better than constantly sending new texts to clients.

Thanks Trin for the idea and to Sandi and Jenni for your help :hug:

I use SMS Online which is great. You buy credits in multiples of 10 which cost 6p each. If you buy 100 it works out about 5p each.

The other good thing with a text service is that you can send offers out to your clients if you have a big gaping diary & want to fill it.

One time I did this it generated 12 hours of appointments :)

On the O2 website you can send free txt messages to mobile phones. Don't think there is a limit as my daughter uses it all the time and she doesn't even have an O2 phone.

I have started sending reminder texts to clients and it seems like they are gratefully received as some had forgotten their appointment and served as a reminder as they intended to do.

Now I HATE sending texts on my phone ... it just really annoys me and takes me forever, where as typing is so easy and quick for me.

Do any of you know of any software that allows you to send texts from your pc to other peoples phones?

Thanks in anticipation for any help :hug:

Jen, I'm a new member and work for a US software developer. I'm on here basically to be informed on needs of members as it applies to software. Saw your post, however, and thought that I would mention Salon Connection software provides the text msg'ing feature you are looking for. It is moderately priced. If you want more information, maybe PM me and I will see that you get it.

It probably depends on your phone, but I had one a couple of years ago that came with software that allowed to text from your phone via a USB cable attached to the pc. It was a Motorola.

Maybe ask your phone company?

Last edited:
I use my phone as I get lots of inclusive texts so this works out more cost effective.

I have written out a few versions of reminder messages, I go into my draft folder and forward on the one that suits the treatments booked the best....this way I don't have to type the message each time I want to send a reminder.

Sorry I couldn't offer any help on the pc software front though xx

Try the easy-salon at easy-salon.com.
It does has SMS Text messaging function for sending appointment reminders.
The whole software is very well priced as well.

Cheers
:hug:

Jen, which mobile service do you have? I'm fairly sure most, if not all companies (02, vodafone etc) provide you with free 'web texts' usually about 300 per month, with either bill pay or pay as you go. I use mine all the time to remind people about their appointments, it's so handy.

Look at the website of your mobile provider and if you haven't registered then that should be all you need to do to get started - and it won't cost you a penny!

Jackie

Thanks everyone for your help and replies.

I have checked Orange website and I can get 30 free texts per month from that site, but the recipient cannot reply to the text.

I have found the template option on my phone and got a couple of templates now set up and as I have unlimited texts with my contract, I think this will be the best way forward for me.

Hey Jen,
I recently invested in Studio Tracker after they gave me a demo at a trade show. The software enables you to capture client data when they come into the salon and then send out SMS offers to everyone, or you can filter who you want to send it to e.g. by birthday. It comes with templates already on the system as well, which made it a bit easier as i've not the best with computers. xxx

Yes you can send texts from your pc, but it often means buying into salon software.

Last edited by a moderator:
On the O2 website you can send free txt messages to mobile phones. Don't think there is a limit as my daughter uses it all the time and she doesn't even have an O2 phone.

You can do this on the orange website aswell..!
And www.cbfsms.com although I don't think this website is very reliable!!

Becky
x

In order to send text messages from your PC you can use email to text providers.Like txtlocal.com

You can also use your phone if has connection with usb or Bluetooth.

Cheers

xxxx

I've recently been using www.PelicanTXT.com it's got a great Message Scheduler service which I've been using to send regular pre-set messages to by regular customers ... very helpful!

my internet is via a 'dongle' i plug into the side of my laptop. it is with 3mobile and they allow me 300 texts free per month

This site looks good, Bulk SMS Marketing | Email to SMS | SMS Gateway | Business SMS - what is uber funky though is that they have a fairly trivial application programmers interface (API) meaning that you can send SMS texts from your own software application very easily indeed.

I think the most they charge per message is 8p too, with the cost going down the more messages you send...

Latest posts

Back