Seperating

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stellie

Reaction score
I have a client who wear acrylic overlay's and her middlefinger nail seperated from the acrylic at the free edge. She is not happy about it. She puts her fingers in her mouth constantly. Can that be the problem. Or could it be that her natural nails might be too thin? It is only the one nail.

Could well be that she is putting it in her mouth and biting it a bit....strange that it's only one nail......only other thing I can think of is capping at the free edge but if it's only the one nail that is always in her mouth, unlikely to be this.

Bet she is clamping on it with her teeth untill she hears a satisfying crack!!

Were just wondering if anyone uses a Finish gel over their acrylic. I find that it chips off the acrylic. Am I the only one this happens to? I do apply it nice and thin, and cure it in the uv lamp.

I rarely have any probs with finishing gloss, what make are you using?

Young Nails. Could it be since it's winter in my country that the low temperatures has something to do with it?

Young Nails. Could it be since it's winter in my country that the low temperatures has something to do with it?
I doubt it, and it couldn't be colder than here right now!

My moneys on shes bitting on and putting pressure on the tip... nail bitters all have a favourite finger on each hand that they like to abuse more than the rest.. her middle finger on this hand could well be her favourite.. tell her to resist the urge to put her nails in her mouth or she will have to pay extra for the repairs.

Were just wondering if anyone uses a Finish gel over their acrylic. I find that it chips off the acrylic. Am I the only one this happens to? I do apply it nice and thin, and cure it in the uv lamp.

at what stage are you applying the topgloss...? don't buff the nails first....gel needs something to grip onto....so just before you apply the top gloss make sure you have roughed the nail up a little with a 240/180...dust off and then apply.....also make sure you cap then ends.

My moneys on shes bitting on and putting pressure on the tip... nail bitters all have a favourite finger on each hand that they like to abuse more than the rest.. her middle finger on this hand could well be her favourite.. tell her to resist the urge to put her nails in her mouth or she will have to pay extra for the repairs.[/quote]

I Like the way that is worded...nice and polite ...but to the point!

But very true of nail bitters ...my hubby eats his and he has a favorite finger ....when I catch him " going to town" :mad:...I tend to push his hand away!:smack:

my hubby eats his and he has a favorite finger ....when I catch him " going to town" :mad:...I tend to push his hand away!:smack:

My Fiancee is a Picker then a cutter... he will pick his free edge until its a jagged mess, I lose track of how many times a week I end up tidying his nails up... however sometimes he takes it uppon him self to 'tidy' them up and cuts any and all free edge off right up to and angled down onto the hyponychim :eek::rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back