'serum'

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MissConfused

Reaction score
hello
i'm wondering if any of you hairdressers could let me into a little secret?

i'm not too sure if i have spelt the word right, sorry!

yesterday i had my hair 'done' and i asked my hairdresser to give me a messy kinda style, which she did and it looked great. i was watching what she did as i asked for tips on getting th elook etc at home myself and she put 'serum' on my hair and i said so it's just 'serum' then mess it up and she said yes. now i'm way confused as to what this 'serum' is? i'm guessing it's a tigi brand because that's what they used there and i was hoping she would say 'oh we sell the 'serum' here and it's blah blah much' but she didn't (retail op missed :p) and i feel a bit stupid going back (even though i love the place and i've been going for 4 years for cuts and colours and always will for as long as i'm in the area/it's open) and saying 'do you know that serum yesterday, do you sell it?' so i was hoping i'd be able to buy it myself from somewhere, if anybody could give me some advice on what i'm looking for/where to start looking?

i have had the straightening serum from some celeb hairdresser in a clear bottle with maybe a blue colour on? but i don't ever remember ever getting close to the look or feel my hairdresser gave me (i guess that's why i keep going back and not just doing it myself haha) so i'm not sure if there's different kinds of serum?

any help would be fabulous, thank you x

From what I understand, "serum" is a particular type of hair product - What Is Hair Serum? - so several hair brands will have one or more "serum" products in their product line-up.

Maybe you could start by looking on the Tigi website - Welcome to the World of TIGI - they do have several product ranges though, so probably the best thing to do is to bite the bullet and phone your hairdresser up - I really don't think you'd be in anyway "stupid" doing that though, as it's a perfectly genuine and relevant question, and in their interest to be able to sell you the product!

Hope that helps in lieu of a better answer from one of the hair geeks :)

ssrum is a product not just a tigi one, every brand does it, like hairspray,
i'm not sure what she will have used on you though as i always think of serum just to smooth fly away hair and add shine not to fix a style at all.
just ring and ask her she wont think your mad haha, or even better pop in and buy some off her xx

Latest posts

Back