Set Of Sculpts On A 9yr Girl

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nailsharon

Reaction score
HI, IVE BEEN ASKED TO DO A SET OF ACRYLIC SCULPTS ON ONE OF MY CLIENTS DAUGHTERS NAILS AS SHE IS A NAIL BITER ,AND SHES TRYED EVERYTHING ELSE TO STOP HER FROM BITING THEM ,SO WHAT MY QUESTION IS SHOULD I BE DOING SCULPTS ON A 9YR OLD OR COULD I OFFER HER ANOTHER TREATMENT AS I SAYS SHES TRYED OTHER TREATMENTS BEFORE..HELP:irked:

The youngest i go is for Prom nights, 15/16. just so they feel the part on there special night, but my concern is what the schools think????!!!!??? surly they can not be happy with yungsters goin around with enhancements on, one major distraction from school work......... sorry if i sound like a bore but i personally would never do them on a 9 year old child.....

HTH

hi,yes i thought about that ,but i was going to do them fairly short so it wont be so noticable at school ,just a little free edge and just put 2 layers of thin layers. OOH i dont know noo :irked:

Personally I can't help but think that just as the little girl bites her nails she will bite the enhancements off! I think that I would rather she just kept bitting her nails.

If I had a little girl like this I would recommend nail art and a few gems. IMO 9 is way too young to even consider enhancements, a few flowers or Nailtopia stickers yes, but expecting a 9 year old to follow the aftercare of enhancements and to not catch them while playing....No I don't see it.

Why not suggest weekly or bi-weekly manicures? It will get her into the habit of knowing that if dhe btes them they will not look as nice with polish on and she will not be able to fit all the nail art on that she may want. I did this with my 9 year old cousin and it worked like a charm. now every time she come to see me she is always so proud of the length she has that she would neve rbite them again.

Offer weekly mani appointments at a realistic rate (cos the parents will have to pay) and reward her for not biting with a £1 voucher which she can save up and have a free treatment when her nails are a suitable length.

There was a thread on this type of thing a long time ago but i cant remember who it was by.

HTH
Rachel x

ive got to say, i dont think any school would be too happy if they realised the kids were wearing enhancements , no matter how short, surely the girl would tell her mates and show them off, and to be honest if shes such a bad nail biter, wouldnt it be obvious to friends and even the tacher that they had suddenly grown overnight

our school has a zero tolerance on nail polish alone let alone enhancements, kids have been sent hom for having gems or nail stickers on, so i wouldnt want to be the parent paying for them

and i alos wouldnt do them on any child under 15/16, tey just dont take enough responsibility for them and i think their nails could end up damaged from biting them off

JMHO xxx

This thread gave a lot of insight and opinions... click here
5 pages of replies!!!

hi geeks ,gr8 news my client phoned today ,she had changed her mind about getting her daughters nails done ,she is still biting them though,i had spoken to he earlier suggestion a manicure and shes just going to leave it just now and hopefully she will stop biting her nails so im really relieved about it as iv been abit worried all week so im feeling lots better thx guys for all your replys:hug:

Latest posts

Back