Setting the record straight.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GEEKS_R_WE

Reaction score
Where I'm working now; I'm told to tell customers that they have to do a complete soak of and apply new full set every 3 months.

I was told by my tutor that you can just keep doing in-fills/maintenance as long as the acrylic is still sound on the nails.
So when customers that come in with perfectly good nails, I go by what my tutor has taught me, regardless.

can someone set me straight please.

yOUR TUTOR IS RIGHT.
a LOT OF TECHNICIANS SAY SOAK OFF AS THEY AREN'T QUITE SKILLED ENOUGH / HAVE KNOWLEDGE OF REBALANCES.
(Sorry caps on)

I know people who have had acrylic (L&P) overlays on for 2 yrs with no removal. Just repairs - the usual maintenance etc....

hth xx

Where I'm working now; I'm told to tell customers that they have to do a complete soak of and apply new full set every 3 months.

I was told by my tutor that you can just keep doing in-fills/maintenance as long as the acrylic is still sound on the nails.
So when customers that come in with perfectly good nails, I go by what my tutor has taught me, regardless.

can someone set me straight please.

Yes your tutor is right, there is no need to soak off regularly, BUT even though its not correct, you have to do what your boss asks.
If you don't like the way your boss is doing things, either talk to them and sort something out, or leave and get a job with someone whos methods you agree with. But going against what your boss wants is playing with fire if you ask me.

Just work out the maths and you'll see why a lot of salons tell clients they need to replace their nails every few months!

Yes your tutor is right, there is no need to soak off regularly, BUT even though its not correct, you have to do what your boss asks.
If you don't like the way your boss is doing things, either talk to them and sort something out, or leave and get a job with someone whos methods you agree with. But going against what your boss wants is playing with fire if you ask me.

Just work out the maths and you'll see why a lot of salons tell clients they need to replace their nails every few months!

Absolutely!

As long as you don't have any problems, there is absolutely NO need to soak off regularly

However, if you are employed by someone, you need to go by their rules.

As Hazel said, there is more money to be gained by getting a client to soak off every few months, which may be your employers reason for instructing you to do this

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back