Setting up my Hive heater and Berins wax help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moonrat

Reaction score
Hi all just a little help for a newbie PLEASE! I finally decided on Berins creme Ease Wax. I received it all today but have no idea how to set up the pot etc. Its totally different to the one at trainig (Salon Systems digital) so can you help.
1 do you put the whole wax tin into the tin that's already sitting in the heater?
2. Do you use the metal handle/scraper on the tin of was or the metal pot already in the heater.
3.What number do you set the dial at and how long does it take to melt.
4. Do you keep the plastic lid and replace it when not using the wax and can you put this on when the wax is hot.

Sorry for all questions feel like I still have a long way to go eeekkk X

Why not give them a call? If it was Zoe you got it from she will be more than happy to help you and talk you through things! She doesn't bite..she's lovely! :Love:

OK....
1 - depends... personally I take the liner out and stick the tin in and then put my clip on bar on the tin (this is the 500cc heater) - if you have a 1000cc heater you probably need to decant it into the bucket...
2 - I use it on the tin... although I find I very rarely need it...
3 - you need to play around with this... the wax should be pretty fluid but not so hot it burns when you test on your arm - start at say 3 and gradually go up until you are happy with how it spreads and comes off - there is no "set to 4" rule as your room temp will also affect the heat you need to use and all heaters can be a little quirky. You need to spend time and learn your wax and what consistence it needs to be... I also always test on my arm before every wax JUST in case my heater has malfunctioned...
4 - I keep my lids but only because I like keeping my tins and cleaning them out after I finish with them - when you have a toddler those tins have 50000 uses when they're clean!!! :)

Well said, Tinxy! I've never used the Ease, so don't know how big the tin is etc x

:biggrin:cheersx

Latest posts

Back