Severe eczema and gel toes. Help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

natalie24

Reaction score
I need some advice.....

I did some glitter gel toes for my neighbour a couple of nights ago and she loved them. She has now promised her little girl that she can have some done if she does well at school in the next week. The problem is the little girl has severe eczema. Nail varnish irritates the condition more and she can only wear it on special occasions its an ingredient that sets it off she doesn't know which tho it was just what the doc told her which upsets her as she is such a girly girl and loves everything sparkly and glittery!

My neighbour seems to think it will be ok as it is not actually varnish, she has had minx on and other things just not varnish.

What's your thoughts on this? Has anyone done glitter/twinkle toes on a client with eczema? I really don't want to let the little girl down but if its not suitable then I wouldn't be too keen to do it!

Hi,
My sister has eczema and she hasn't any problems with anything as long as it does not touch her skin as it is the skin that gets irritated. You could always do a patch test? Or contact nail harmony and see if they can advise
:hug:

I need some advice.....

I did some glitter gel toes for my neighbour a couple of nights ago and she loved them. She has now promised her little girl that she can have some done if she does well at school in the next week. The problem is the little girl has severe eczema. Nail varnish irritates the condition more and she can only wear it on special occasions its an ingredient that sets it off she doesn't know which tho it was just what the doc told her which upsets her as she is such a girly girl and loves everything sparkly and glittery!

My neighbour seems to think it will be ok as it is not actually varnish, she has had minx on and other things just not varnish.

What's your thoughts on this? Has anyone done glitter/twinkle toes on a client with eczema? I really don't want to let the little girl down but if its not suitable then I wouldn't be too keen to do it!

You could always put cuticle oil on the skin so nothing touches the skin while you are working

I have a question about this condidtion on the feet as well, however, it relates to pedicures. Can or should you do a pedicure on someone with eczema on the foot? And I mean a severe case of it!! My friend has the condition and wants a pedicure...I am thinking maybe she should just start with a soak, parrifin wax, and cream treatment?

Suggestions?

Jeani:rolleyes:

im doing my training now, our tutor said we can work on clients with eczema as long as it isnt cracked and bloody/infected

Latest posts

Back