Shade suggestions for red/copper highlights?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joz99

Reaction score
I've been colouring my clients hair for several years and she has majirel 7 and 7.3 20vol (more than 70 % grey) but every winter she asks for blonde and red/copperish pieces through it, she has a short crop style. Last time I tried 7.44 as the red colour but to b honest you could barely notice it, it's always in back of my mind that tint doesn't lift tint x would i b better to go with a shade 6?? Or can u suggest another idea? Thanks any help appreciated x

Are u using lorel? Don't they have a bright red that is really strong called magma or something?
If they do- use a red/copper with 20vol keeping in mind on natural hair this will be fluro- it will cut through the tint

I've been colouring my clients hair for several years and she has majirel 7 and 7.3 20vol (more than 70 % grey) but every winter she asks for blonde and red/copperish pieces through it, she has a short crop style. Last time I tried 7.44 as the red colour but to b honest you could barely notice it, it's always in back of my mind that tint doesn't lift tint x would i b better to go with a shade 6?? Or can u suggest another idea? Thanks any help appreciated x

Why are you using 2 bases 7 & 7.3?
If you use 7.44 your not lifting it's the same level
If it's not bright enough try the copper majimix with it
Or if the hair isn't lightened under neth then use majicontrast copper it's a bleach and tone in one that lifts through coloured hair (it's for none scalp application only)
Are you trained in l'Oreal? X

agree with the above.
.3 is a base and covers grey.
I dont allow clients to have red and blonde highlights/lowlights I persuade them otherwise (streaky bacon comes to.mind)
ive got very copper hair I use 7.44 and 7.45 with copper mix tone but went on holiday and it faded a lot so I highlighted the whole of my hair and used the copper to flood between then when I was due to wash it off I emulsified the whole lot together which toned the blonde copper but gave me a slightly diffent tone throughout (very bright but thats what I love)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I know u can use 7.3 as a base from a refresher course I took two yrs ago but because when I was training u had to use a base as in 7 I'm always bit nervous about not using it and the grey she has is very resistant x I'm not trained specifically by loreal but the salons I have worked in have been and so where the product I trained with x majirel mix has come out since I trained and I haven't had much experience with it x majicontrast I love but was concerned it might come out too bright on the root?

agree with the above.

.3 is a base and covers grey.

I dont allow clients to have red and blonde highlights/lowlights I persuade them otherwise (streaky bacon comes to.mind)

ive got very copper hair I use 7.44 and 7.45 with copper mix tone but went on holiday and it faded a lot so I highlighted the whole of my hair and used the copper to flood between then when I was due to wash it off I emulsified the whole lot together which toned the blonde copper but gave me a slightly diffent tone throughout (very bright but thats what I love)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Sound lovely x I think copper colours are amazing x I'm natural base 5 and don't have the commitment for the roots is have but would love that colour x will use 7.3 alone then x it's only cautiousness on my part from what I was originally taught!

I know u can use 7.3 as a base from a refresher course I took two yrs ago but because when I was training u had to use a base as in 7 I'm always bit nervous about not using it and the grey she has is very resistant x I'm not trained specifically by loreal but the salons I have worked in have been and so where the product I trained with x majirel mix has come out since I trained and I haven't had much experience with it x majicontrast I love but was concerned it might come out too bright on the root?

Defo use the 7.3 with 7.44 using a flat 7 is killing the warmth in your 7.44
The reason there's 2 bases with majirel is warm bases the 3s are to be used with warm shades
And the flats to be used with cool shades I have 7.44 and 1/4 majimix copper on mine it's very bright!
I would give 7.3 and 7.44 a go without the 7 and see if that's better first x

Only use the 7.3 as your base, as for the copper don't use majicontrast as there is no need to lift ( they are bleach based) use 7.44 and mix tone, mix with base for root ( if there's grey) then 3% no base for length.

Thanks for all your advice will give the 7.3 and 7.44 a go with copper mix x thanks for advice on roots for the copper as well was next question I was going to ask as need to cover the grey x

Thanks for all your advice will give the 7.3 and 7.44 a go with copper mix x thanks for advice on roots for the copper as well was next question I was going to ask as need to cover the grey x

That's what the 7.3 is for its a base that covers grey a warm base for a warm shade the 7.44
If there wasn't grey present you wouldn't need the 7.3 just 7.44
I'm sorry but have you not been listening?
if you use O'loreal you really should no this feel repeating myself abit here x

I know this a late reply but just seen last comment made on my post x I thought this was a place to ask advice not for people to be rude I was listening thankyou and was saying thankyou to the post above if you feel you are repeating yourself then don't bother posting a comment x

How did you get on?

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek mobile app

She changed her mind on having it done that time wanted to wait till time after which is in a week or so x I did use just 7.3 for roots and it came out well so have lost my caution on using .3 as a base x will post photo when I've done it 😊 thanks again for your help x

Latest posts

Back