Shall I convert to CND or not?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lucyjane17

Reaction score
Evening all ☺
I am a mobile beauty therapist currently using OPI gelcolor and also NSI for toes. Recently I have had 2 treatments with a master using CND and all that goes with ie solar oil..... I absolutely love the products and I am now even considering converting to CND. I noticed the shellac isn't as expensive to buy than OPI. I know that salon geek is sponsored by sweet squared but what do u think? Shall I convert. There certainly is a calling for shellac in my area but financially I don't know as I e paid for course and all opi products. Feeling at a cross road. Any advice welcome please lovelies. Many thanks in advance xx

Do you have the led OPI lamp or a uv one.

The beauty of shellac is that it uses a top of the range uv lamp, which you can also use to cure OPI most successfully. Also the CND lamp is very very competitively priced.

There is no reason why you cant introduce a few shellac colours to get you started. I must confess shellac is much better in my opinion for rockstar and foil nail art. For some reason OPI when used with glitter always feels slightly gritty. Plus foils don't stick to OPI very well.

No need to waste your money getting rid of OPI just use both. Then when OPI runs out you can make your decision from there. However only problem is you cant use OPI led with shellac you would have to have two separate lamps. Price wise shellac is half the size in bottles of OPI so price wise they are relatively the same. Hope that helps xx

xx

I agree. Good advice above, I'd heart it but I'm on my phone.

Evening all ☺
I noticed the shellac isn't as expensive to buy than OPI.

Shellac is actually quite a bit more expensive than OPI GelColor if you compare bottle sizes.

CND has allot more to offer than Shellac! But it is worth every penny! Check it out!

PS. This site is not sponsored by Sweet Squared. It is owned by Samuel Sweet and it was owned and run by him long before Sweet Squared existed. Now that mr sweet owns sweet squared it also has ownership of the site but it is run no differently because of that and S2 does not 'sponser' or have any influence on the running of SalonGeek. Every user of every product is welcome here and all are given the help they ask for no matter which brand they choose to use.

I've been using gelish for over a year which I love, but I have just added shellac which I actually prefer, removal is an absolute dream and application is great.x

CND has allot more to offer than Shellac! But it is worth every penny! Check it out!

PS. This site is not sponsored by Sweet Squared. It is owned by Samuel Sweet and it was owned and run by him long before Sweet Squared existed. Now that mr sweet owns sweet squared it also has ownership of the site but it is run no differently because of that and S2 does not 'sponser' or have any influence on the running of SalonGeek.

Well this is not strictly true as we know that the mods were told by s2 to delete all posts about vinylux prior to its launch which the mods complied with even when information about it was freely available elsewhere. So there is a precedent for them controlling the site but I do not believe they would ever stop people l from discussing or recommending other brands.

you would not regret converting to CND. As you have already seen the products in action and are already considering changing i think in your heart you know it would be the right decision. I have used NSI in the past and have to say i personally think CND is a far superior product. I have never used OPI gel colour but i do know several techs who have and they have all now sold their gelcolour and re invested in shellac and havent looked back.

As someone else said why dont you use CND alongside what you have for now but to be honest i dont think it would take long before you stopped using the others!!

Book yourself in for a conversion with one of the systems for now, you get all the kit yo need included so its great value for money. If you chose to do BRisa gel you would get the lamp in with the course kit so would then only need to invest in some shellac. As for cost per bottle i much prefer having smaller bottles as occasionaly you get a colour that clients dont seem to go for so its alot easier to use up a smaller bottle, as well as for you being mobile it will be less weight to carry around or the same weight for twice as many colours!!

Well this is not strictly true as we know that the mods were told by s2 to delete all posts about vinylux prior to its launch which the mods complied with even when information about it was freely available elsewhere. So there is a precedent for them controlling the site but I do not believe they would ever stop people l from discussing or recommending other brands.

It seems that you are splitting hairs on a pleasant Sunday morning.

S2 is owned by the Sweets and this site is owned by Samuel Sweet.

To suggest that on the rare occasions he may use his influence to protect a brand new launch product as controlling is unfair.

He made a decision that anyone would have made in order to try and keep the surprise of the launch just that ... a surprise.

As it turned out it was too huge a task, but I would congratulate him for his endeavours.

x

It seems that you are splitting hairs on a pleasant Sunday morning.

S2 is owned by the Sweets and this site is owned by Samuel Sweet.

To suggest that on the rare occasions he may use his influence to protect a brand new launch product as controlling is unfair.

He made a decision that anyone would have made in order to try and keep the surprise of the launch just that ... a surprise.

As it turned out it was too huge a task, but I would congratulate him for his endeavours.

x

I would also add, that if a different supplier or manufacturer of another product were to contact the mods and ask for a blanket ban on mentioning that product on site until the official launch, i'm sure that request would be accomodated.
So in my mind, the fact that CND/S2 were involved this time is neither here nor there x

Thank you all for that. Sorry to anyone if I got my facts wrong about S2 or CND. Yes I have 2 standard UV lamps. I absolutely love solar oil!! Amazing 😉. My nail tech has given me the CND bug 😊. I'm going to look into converting now. Many thanks xx

Thank you all for that. Sorry to anyone if I got my facts wrong about S2 or CND. Yes I have 2 standard UV lamps. I absolutely love solar oil!! Amazing 😉. My nail tech has given me the CND bug 😊. I'm going to look into converting now. Many thanks xx

Honey I don't think anyone was digging at you! Just someone else who likes to get on their high horse about sweet squared on a regular basis . So worry not!
Back to your original question and sorry to those who have read this before. I have worked in the nail industry for the best part of 12 years and only relatively recently discovered a this site b CND and c Sweet squared all I can say is all three are invaluable to the success of my business and to the ongoing education of myself. I have grown immeasurably as a nail tech since taking the leap to CND from NSI and I can't encourage others strongly enough to take the leap themselves its something you will never regret!

Thank u Wellyb. Do u still use nsi as well or all CND? X

From a cost POV for you as a small business it makes total sense to use up what you have and gradually made the switch, you could get the starter kit first with the lamp and just add colours from there or as you use up your OPI colours, replace them with their closest Shellac match.

I can honestly say I haven't regretted switching over to CND for a minute not just for the product quality, cost savings and the time saving aspect of finally having a decent lamp to work with but for the amazing amount of support they give. I can call on S2 with the most ridiculous of questions and they will also give me everything I need without making me feel daft.

From a cost POV for you as a small business it makes total sense to use up what you have and gradually made the switch, you could get the starter kit first with the lamp and just add colours from there or as you use up your OPI colours, replace them with their closest Shellac match.

I can honestly say I haven't regretted switching over to CND for a minute not just for the product quality, cost savings and the time saving aspect of finally having a decent lamp to work with but for the amazing amount of support they give. I can call on S2 with the most ridiculous of questions and they will also give me everything I need without making me feel daft.

Amen to that the support is second to non!

Hi Lucy!

Glad ive given you the CND bug along with a Solar Oil addiction!! :wink2:

Lots of great advice given above. I also agree that the support from S2 is second to non and the CND training you recieve is amazing from the best educators. Im a HUGE CND fan and use nothing else.

Dawn xx

Latest posts

Back