Shampoo Advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lady_Nightshade

Reaction score
Im looking for a shampoo for fine hair, greasy at the roots and fairly normal at the ends (long hair). Its not coloured at all just natural dark blonde.

Currently Im using John Frieda Go Blonder (which Isnt working and I feel is making my hair nasty)

Im worried about using shampoos for greasy hair as its Just the roots that get greasy and I dont want to dry out the rest of my hair, I would also like to avoid the nasties ie SLS etcetc.

My salon has never recommended one to me but the one they use on me I dont like the smell of and silly as it sounds I couldnt use shampoo that smells nasty.

Im confusing myself trying to compare lots of different ones so I thought Id trouble you nice, knowledgable peoples. :hug:

you need a shampoo for normal hair ,or occaisionally a deep cleansing one .
Things that may add to the problem are rubbing your hair vigorously when washing ,washing too often ( both of these stimulate the oil glands underneath the scalp) and applying conditioner all over your hair ( shoulder lenth down ,unless your hair is naturally dry /curly or coloured )

Hey there. Have you tried tigi shampoos they are lovely and smell lush. There is a one called "superstar" I find its nice and deep cleansing and then the superstar conditioner afterwards is lovely. The tigi range is very good why not pop in to a salon that sells it and ask them to advise you (plus let you have a sniff!) Usualy you will see the tigi bottles displayed in the windows they are all realy big and bright and come in large bottles too which saves money and last for ages. Hope this helps xx

Seems to me you need a claifying(sp) shampoo .

Greasy hair really is a pain I have terrible greasy hair , when you wash your hair try to do it twice , the first wash in a claifying shampoo to lift all the dirt out and any build up of product then the second wash use a normal shampoo to clean your hair.
Dont rub your scalp to hard as this can make the problem worse

If you type in the search box, greasy hair or claifying shampoo it should help you with some of your questions too .

Seems to me you need a claifying(sp) shampoo .

Greasy hair really is a pain I have terrible greasy hair , when you wash your hair try to do it twice , the first wash in a claifying shampoo to lift all the dirt out and any build up of product then the second wash use a normal shampoo to clean your hair.
Dont rub your scalp to hard as this can make the problem worse

If you type in the search box, greasy hair or claifying shampoo it should help you with some of your questions too .

Thank you all for your repsonses, Ive ordered Clyol (spelling) clear after reading some of the previous threads and im gonna try all the suggestiions on washing.
Wish me luck :)

Try and use Loreal Shampoos. They have different once for different hair. i am personally using the damage and repair one. This is not for the colored hair. Its really good. Its not too hard and is very good for the hair. I use that every time i wash my hair.

Latest posts

Back