she is not properly qualified.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

annemac

Reaction score
Hi,
I have just been up to my local shops and there is a poster in there for a mobile Beauty therapist. She is offering gels nail enhancements, I know she has not completed the training for the gels, as she was in my gels class at college. I have 6 weeks left on the course, she turned up for three or four lessons got her kit which is NSI Balance and then never came back, so therefore has not completed her training. Is there anything I should do or should I just leave it, I worry she might be doing damage to her clients as she doesn't know everything. Any advice please.

i have been in this situation and i can get messy if things are said. I should just leave it at the end of the day she will start to have problems with her nails and loose clients and the word will get round soon enough and your rep will still be in tack.

Thanx I was thinking along the same lines, just wanted some advice from the experts.

she may have been qualified elsewhere in a time shorter than you.

You have to be VERY sure of these things , otherwise it may make you look like sour grapes.

she may have been qualified elsewhere in a time shorter than you.

You have to be VERY sure of these things , otherwise it may make you look like sour grapes.
yeah I know, I haven't started up in business yet as I wanted to finish my training, you could be right but knowing this arear very well and where she lives it would be very unlikely. But as you said she may have gone away and trained.

Unfortunately anyone even with out ANY training can set up as a nail tech...ok so they wont get insurance but if they cant be bothered to train do you really think they are bothered about insurance...

Licencing is what we need.

have to agree with the licencing but she will have insurance as a beauty therapited. The poster also says qualified beauty and holistic therapist.

Unfortunately anyone even with out ANY training can set up as a nail tech...ok so they wont get insurance but if they cant be bothered to train do you really think they are bothered about insurance...

Licencing is what we need.

how long does it take to do a brisa course, an IBD, a Bio Sculpt or an NSI course in gels alone?

Not long enough!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know how long, I been working hard at college, how long is the training for brisa, ibd etc.

have to agree with the licencing but she will have insurance as a beauty therapited. The poster also says qualified beauty and holistic therapist.

I wasn't implying this person doesn't have insurance...just some people in general who don't bother to get trained.:)

My Brisa training was about 5 days and i was lucky enough to get 1 to 1....it was quality and the rest came with practising the quality techniques I was taught.

I wasn't implying this person doesn't have insurance...just some people in general who don't bother to get trained.:)
I know thats what you meant, I was meaning will her insurance as a beauty therapist cover her doing nail enhancements.

I know thats what you meant, I was meaning will her insurance as a beauty therapist cover her doing nail enhancements.

I doubt it...:rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back