Shellac and LED lamp?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stacys

Reaction score
I love the Shellac, but I am beginning to build a Gelish collection, too. I need to get a new lamp soon an dI don't want to have to buy two. So here's my question- has anyone tried to cure Shellac in Harmony's LED lamp? I know Gelish can be used with CND's UV. And I'm sure Shellac can be used with Harmony's UV. I'm thinking the Shellac formula is only Uv cured but just wondering if anyone has experimented with this.

Shellac does not cure in an led lamp, you will only get a proper cure using their own uv lamp.

Shellac is not cured with an LED Lamp nor will it cure with other UV Lamps. Shellac is formulated to cure with a specific intensity of UV light and for a specific time period with the CND lamp

Other products that use the LED lamps are also formulated to cure with that type of lamp/bulbs.

And I thought I would point out, as many may not realise, that the LED lamp for curing nail products is a UV lamp; it is still curing the product with UV light, just for a different time period with a different bulb for a different product.

Last edited:
Yeah, that's kind of what I thought. Thanks for your input.
Although, I have an old lamp at home (something I got yeeears ago for some top coat) and I use it on myself and my family and it cures and wears the same as when I use the CND lamp at work. Of course, I would never use it on my clients.
Thanks for the info on LED being UV. I didn't know that. I guess I'm going to have to break out the old Science book again.

Sorry to hi-jak your thread but just wondered will the shellac lamp cure gels aswell such as brisa or ibd hard gel?x

Sent from my X10i

Sorry to hi-jak your thread but just wondered will the shellac lamp cure gels aswell such as brisa or ibd hard gel?x

Sent from my X10i
Anything that cures with a generic 36watt uv lamp will cure with the CND lamp but NOT the other way around. CND products only cure completely with the CND lamp. Yes Brisa is a CND product so it will cure with the same CND uv lamp that cures Shellac.

hi geeg
sorri to jump in at the end of this thread..but your just the lady i`m looking for!!
Now my CND lamp has come to the end of its bulb life (and lets me know with his little alarm beeping)
is this *totally* the end of the bulbs geeg??
thought i was ever so organised keeping check on my bulb life on the lamp and had plenty of time to order bulbs..and BEEEEEEP off it went!!
I now know how important it is to keep a spare set of bulbs at the salon!
Cant believe how quick my 100 hours of UV curing has gone!
May be of help to others to get a spare set in...just incase.
good job i have another lamp to tie me over.
Much Love
Sarah xx

Hi Natale ... you can see how many hours of bulb life you have left on the new CND lamp. Have you got the new one? Id so then press the reset button and holdit down .. a number will flash up on the screen ... as soon as you see it then release the button (if you dont, the lamp will reset to zero and you wont know where you are) the number that has flashed up on the screen is the number of hours left in the bulbs. You can turn the bulbs over if you have some hours left and get a little more life out of them. HTH Nice to hear from you. Hope all is going well for you.

Hi Geeg
Yes i did that pressed to see how long i had left.. picked that lil gem of info from the lovely Holly..
Its was like a few hours..then guess we`ve been extremely busy and those "few hours" zipped away...then poof! lamp is DEAD (makes a sign of the cross)...anyway got me shiney new bulbs on order and away i go for many more hours.
Hope all the family are well...Did manage to introduce myself finally to Samantha and Samuel at London earlier this year..
And Geeg??? ooopsy you did the Natale thing again ha ha ..
Its Sarah ...But for the last few messages i`ve not thought 2 hoots about it and been calling you Geeg!!
So i reckon we`re even stephens lovely lady
so will chat soon GiGi..
Regards
Sarah ;-)))

Latest posts

Back