Shellac and peeling

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OBIC

Reaction score
Hi all, sorry this has turned out to be a long one!

I know we have been here a hundred times before on this subject but just wanted to help!

Have a client who came with her mum the other week. She texted me on Monday to say that one of mum's nails had completely come off and another looked like it was lifting. It actually turns out it was 10 days since she had shellac and she wants to come back!

She wanted to come today at 4.30 ish but I had clients. I said tomorrow afternoon or will have to wait for weekend as she could only do weekend or the Wednesday. So now she wants to come back at weekend but I mean what is she expecting me to do? It will have been over two weeks since she first had them applied so will be ridiculous to just replace the nails that have come off as she will have two weeks growth on the other eight!

Just wondered what you guys would do.

I have had shellac training and shellac generally lasts well. The daughter had previously had shellac and came back four weeks later. It had chipped but they were all intact.

Thanks for reading x

I guess you need to see these nails before deciding what to do.

It could be her free edge is weak and breaking off and taking the shellac with it, this is why its looks like its peeling, i had the same trouble when i first shellaced my own nails.

Shellacs not indestructible, it can last up to 14 days if looked after...10 days is good. There was a thread on here about how you should word the promoting of Shellac, might be worth a read and I would charge for a complete new set xx

I would see how they look but you know the others will have growth so i'd be inclined to do a new set. Id understand if it was a day or two and it was lifting you could repair them but it depends what the client is happy with maybe as she's seen them last for longer before she thinks that they should be lasting that long every time!

I would say if she's had 10 days out of them, they've lasted a reasonable amount of time. Rebacca's right they're not indestructable, I would just remind the client that they can last UP TO 14 days with proper care, offer her a repair as a goodwill gesture on this occasion but remind her that in future she will require a soak off and new set in this situation.

I've had this only the other day with a gelish client at 13 days! And she had previously did it to me at 2 wks as well, first time I just re did to where growth was pointing out that they were on their way out - this time I explained that 2 wks is my average for my clientele, I put it happy to repair but did think rather pointless as she would be back shortly for soak off, she went for soak off in the end! X

Latest posts

Back