Shellac at a beauty salon - procedure not followed

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moonbeam

Reaction score
Hi...

I have been through the shellac training and we were should the procedure for prepping the nail, applying the shellac, cleaning the nail and lastly the solar oil.

I went and had my nails shellac yesterday (by a very nice lady) in a beauty salon which is showing all the advertising / window stickers etc however the procedure the lady used wasn't the way I was trained..

There was no prep work done at all, she did ask if I wanted my nails filed but I said know as I had just filed them to the shape I wanted.

The scrub fresh wasn't in the CND bottle so could have been anything.

When the base coat was added I was then put under the lamp for 2 mins instead of 10 seconds.

The rest was then all ok until the very end when she wiped of the tacky layer with Coolblue.

I didn't know whether to say anything or not but I did comment at the very beginning that I was shellac trained and I just hadn't had time to do my own nails..

What are your thoughts?

X

Hi...

I have been through the shellac training and we were should the procedure for prepping the nail, applying the shellac, cleaning the nail and lastly the solar oil.

I went and had my nails shellac yesterday (by a very nice lady) in a beauty salon which is showing all the advertising / window stickers etc however the procedure the lady used wasn't the way I was trained..

There was no prep work done at all, she did ask if I wanted my nails filed but I said know as I had just filed them to the shape I wanted.

The scrub fresh wasn't in the CND bottle so could have been anything.

When the base coat was added I was then put under the lamp for 2 mins instead of 10 seconds.

The rest was then all ok until the very end when she wiped of the tacky layer with Coolblue.

I didn't know whether to say anything or not but I did comment at the very beginning that I was shellac trained and I just hadn't had time to do my own nails..

What are your thoughts?

X

I wouldn't of let her carry on , there's no way I'd happily pay good money to have my nails shellac'ed if they didn't even bother to prep the nail as that could affect the shellacs 'staying power' . I am quite hard faced like that though lol x

Luckily I had already prep my nails so they were ok but still I would have through she would have done something.. ...I should have said something..

Can use use Coolblue to take the Tacky layer off?
X

Luckily I had already prep my nails so they were ok but still I would have through she would have done something.. ...I should have said something..

Can use use Coolblue to take the Tacky layer off?
X
Yes, it definitely works but I wouldn't make a habit of it - I'd have thought it would've been a more expensive way of doing it for a start.

:p:pLet's hope it stays on....:p

Latest posts

Back