Shellac bluesky

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have used this bluesky polish and I must say it performed as well as shellac - however. Bluesky has not been through the vigorous testing that shellac has so who knows what's it in etc.
With shellac I do think they you are paying for the name as well buts its such an amazing product that its worth the cost.
There will always be people that will be willing to pay for the cheap polish and all we can do is try to educate our clients against this. Those that continue to settle for cheap are not the clients that we want to return time after time and I believe that techs that offer a cheap service must have had little or no training to offer this to their clients. Without the correct training the results will be poor and therefore customers will get fed up with this service and will start to seek out the professionals. Shellac rules - need I say more!!!

The important things that make Shellac so different seem to be forgotten by posters like yourself.

Blue sky is a gel .. shellac is not ... Why should anyone care you may ask, if they all do the job?

Because Shellac not being a gel has MANY advantages for the technician as well as the client.

1. Shellac is a very safe product and hypoallergenic.
2. Shellac removes much faster
3. Shellac is easier to apply, many fewer steps and products
4. Shellac is quicker to apply than gel
5. You do not buff the natural nails when using Shellac.

CND could easily have just brought out a coloured gel like everyone else ... But CND don't do what everyone else does ... CND do it better with positive benefits to both technicians and clients and the natural nails.

Now maybe you don't care about those positive benefits but I and thousands and thousands of others do and we want those benefits for the health of our clients nails. If you are that type of person you will appreciate that for those extra benefits it is worth using the real thing.
picture.php

Last edited:
I have been asked by the occasional client why I don't buy my products off eBay etc.
My reply is always the same
I wouldn't dream of it, the fact that my insurance wouldn't cover me in the event of a claim would matter of course but I have a great reputation which is worth far more to me than the supposed savings I would make.

To be fair the training on its own isn't expensive! Considering you need to have qualifications for insurance. Also they provide FREE training if you purchase a kit.

ok, ok, I am stupid I now realize this!! I was easily led due to the other students raving about it but know see where I have failed. This is also unfortunately evident with the lack of my ability to apply polish well. I had my doubts about these one day courses, and have actually spent quite a bit on trying to get into the service that I want to give. I think I will have to go back to the drawing board (and the bank!) to try to rectify my errors. Thank you for your advice and comments. I will not offer any blu****, not that I have done many.I will use up my gellux then maybe rethink changing brands.

hi there, if I order a kit from whom?are you referring to CND? thanks

Aw don't worry bigtoe unfortuantly it is easy to make this mistake. We're not all wise to the cons out there and can fall for it when other therapists are raving about products. Some people including me have a rash personality tht rush into things and regret it. Yes you should have researched it more but ou have leant a valuable lesson and will next time! ;-(

thank you, I kinda feel that I wasted my money in the training I have taken and also on the products. I am going to now have to decide whether to go with gelish or CND as I am aware that they are very well known and also give training in their products. I am going to the Scottish Beauty Show next month so I may get inspiration there. Until then I have to live with my mistakes! Sadly which has left me feeling very low.

And out of pocket :-( common geeks no need to be so harsh she asked for support we all make mistakes! It's very hard in this climate to buy the best and charge the highest price before you have a client base. You are all 100% right that if you do a good proffesiknal job ou will have regular customers but getting to that point is hard!

Latest posts

Back