Shellac brush change?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sjacko77

Reaction score
Why have they changed the shellac brush? I find its so small & narrow now it's harder to apply nicely 😔

I thought this the other day when I was applying the new tango passion on my sis. I never liked the shellac brushes much in the first place but now they're even worse! Far too long, thin and bendy. It's very hard to get good control of them. We need shorter bristles.

Always nice to know its not just me then. They are just awful to control.

Same here. I had a bad experience the other day with a new colour. :(

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek mobile app

I love the Shellac base coat brushes. Lovely and short and fab to work with. Would love all the brushes to be like those ones

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I love the Shellac base coat brushes. Lovely and short and fab to work with. Would love all the brushes to be like those ones

I absolutely second this xx

If you're finding the shellac brush thin and hard are you sure you've removed any packing starch which protects the brush in transit? Saturate a lint free pad with d'perse and wipe the brush and you should find it becomes softer and more pliable.

If you're finding the shellac brush thin and hard are you sure you've removed any packing starch which protects the brush in transit? Saturate a lint free pad with d'perse and wipe the brush and you should find it becomes softer and more pliable.

Mines not thin and hard, it's thin and way too bendy. The new shellac brushes are absolutely awful. I've now bought some ibd just gel polishes instead and wow the difference in their brushes is amazing! The ibd brushes are nice and quite short and you get perfect control.

I was thinking this the other day, very annoying! Xxxx

Oh noooo worried I might be making wrong decision in buying a shellac kit now!!

I've also noticed in quite a lot of the new colours, that as well as being thinner and bendy, they have several longer hairs sticking out above the rest which I have to keep trimming off. I also have 3 bottles of shellac where the brush is actually totally twisted and really hard to work with. I think perhaps they're cheaper quality than before and this is why they are so different.

It's a shame because even right back when I did my training in 2005, I always used Creative (as it was back then) because the brushes were so great to work with and I didn't like the brushes of any other brand.

Make all brushes like the base coat brushes please CND! :)

The base coat brushes are fab yes! I've just bought a new top coat (old one now too thick to work with...another bug bear) & I do hope that isn't thin & bendy too.

I DESPISE the brushes with the 'power polishes' they're so thin and just a horrible shape, like something you get with a cheap polish. I hate them so much I've saved the brushes from my top and base coats that say 'uv color coat' to swap with any new top or base coats I get. Not much I can do about the brushes that come with the colours though :/

Latest posts

Back