Shellac client unhappy - should I tell her no more?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hi guys,

it's been a while since i posted on here but i have been lurking about.

any how, i have a regular lady who is a bit of a pain to be hoest. she lives 8 miles away and always wants a 5.30pm booking so i end travelling for 60 minutes in rush hour traffic to get to her. she has shellac every 3 weeks and for the past 4 months has had no problems. the last two applications have supposedly only lasted her a couple of days. the first time i asked her to send me a picture but she said she'd removed it all.

the second time she said it only lasted 2 days! she sent me a really bad picture so i agreed to do her a free treatment (big mistake i know). anyway, i went last night and she still had it on! there was some wear and tear around the free edge but that's all. i commented that it wasn't bad and i wasn't expecting her to still have any on. (I've also had this with her daughter)

i did her nails again and when i finished she said she wasn't paying this time as i'd said i'd do it for free because of the poor service she'd had. i was taken aback so i just left.

the thing is, i'm thinking of telling her that i can't do her nails anymore. i know all clients are valuable but i'm starting to think that this lady is going to continue to claim bad service for freebies.

any thoughts?

if she was easier to travel to then i might want to keep her as a client but currently it sounds like she is nibbling away at your resources (time, petrol, treatments) in a way that goes beyond what is constructive for you to have her as a client.

I'm all for "the customer is always right" and charging a very high quality of service but I think her recent actions in refusing to pay after a treatment takes the biscuit and for that, i would boycot her custom

chin up :)

thank you for all your wonderful responses. I've now done a new price list and said that there is a £1 a mile (over 3 miles) call out charge. she has one more appointment booked, but i doubt she'll re-book at the new charge.

if she claims bad service again i'll just say 'sorry i can no longer be your nail tech' x

thank you for all your wonderful responses. I've now done a new price list and said that there is a £1 a mile (over 3 miles) call out charge. she has one more appointment booked, but i doubt she'll re-book at the new charge.

if she claims bad service again i'll just say 'sorry i can no longer be your nail tech' x

Well done you.x

8 miles away, it isn't Keighley by any chance is it? Full of cheeky people trying for a freebie! :lol: I used to get many fools like this, don't fall for it. :)

Latest posts

Back