Shellac clients wanting more....

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used to use IBD soak off gels before discovering Shellac. Some of the colours are fabulous and they provide strength as well as gorgeous colours but they are as an alternative to Shellac. I don't know if they make a soak off clear, I suppose they would, I'll have to have a look x

I use fibreglass/silk for a little added strength and its great :)
Prepare the nail for your shellac treatment, then apply the fabric to the nail, then apply base coat over it...cure and carry on as normal...works a treat! :)
xx

I also do this if I or a client has a split in the nail, it holds it together well until it grows out. x

I just wanted to say I have had big problems with my nails splitting and flaking so i turned to Shellac and it has done wonders and they are super strong with Shellac on - also being told Shellac allows your nails to breathe was a huge plus, I will be adding nails to my little business!

I use both Shellac and Artistic for the same reason you are having a have just a few clients that have very soft nails and do not want enhancements on, therefore I also bought in Artistic, which so far I have found my clients like and feel it is stronger in wear but then it would be as it is gel not a hybrid. If there nails are very bending in which I have two clients with nails like this so I have been using the builder gel first and then apply the colour seems to work well for them.

Hey Geeks

Just going on from the previous posts thought I would post the link if its any use to anyone interested in using fibreglass under shellac. if you go to page 3 nailinlondon1 has given a step by step and also added a link to fingernail fixers facebook page so you can see how its done.

http://www.salongeek.com/nail-geek/144383-alternative-shellac-weak-thin-nails.html

love n hugs xxx

Thanks so much for this link.....wish I'd have read it before ordering the gel today :-(

No I don't find it takes longer to soak, usually 15 mins maximum :)

Latest posts

Back