Shellac CND Facebook page, advice?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aydie

Reaction score
Hi there,
I subscribe like many to the Shellac CND facebook page.
I see some lovely images and ideas there.
There are however a large number of ... How do I put this politely ? ....

Bad advice being given here.....
Loads of photos of colours mixed.. not layered but mixed ! Advice on how to mix and store shellac when its mixed.... Etc.... Colours being named that clearly aren't what they say they are etc ? Techs encouraging others to mix.....

I have had 2 clients ask for colours that are mixed that they have seen on this page... and I have refused to mix following CND guidelines. . But a local tech is mixing for her clients...... And I feel annnoyed that I am following guidelines for the benefit of my clients and yet others aren't and it looks like CND are approving of these images and are posting more and more for people to see.

It looks like CND actually look at and verify and approve of the images and advice....
Who is responsible for the Shellac CND site / page?
Who do I address a complaint to about this ?
Am I the only one that is frustrated by this ?

Hi there,
I subscribe like many to the Shellac CND facebook page.
I see some lovely images and ideas there.
There are however a large number of ... How do I put this politely ? ....

Bad advice being given here.....
Loads of photos of colours mixed.. not layered but mixed ! Advice on how to mix and store shellac when its mixed.... Etc.... Colours being named that clearly aren't what they say they are etc ? Techs encouraging others to mix.....

I have had 2 clients ask for colours that are mixed that they have seen on this page... and I have refused to mix following CND guidelines. . But a local tech is mixing for her clients...... And I feel annnoyed that I am following guidelines for the benefit of my clients and yet others aren't and it looks like CND are approving of these images and are posting more and more for people to see.

It looks like CND actually look at and verify and approve of the images and advice....
Who is responsible for the Shellac CND site / page?
Who do I address a complaint to about this ?
Am I the only one that is frustrated by this ?

How do you know CND approve of these?
Are you sure the page is not an Official CND Shellac page?

As long as you know you're doing the right thing and you tell your clients this, then leave the rest to themselves :)

This is not an official page, and many professionals, Gigi included, have refuted that particular tech's advice that mixing Shellac is okay.

Keep following CND's instructions and performing your services correctly despite other's claims otherwise xx

Do you have the link?

hope this is the one you're talking about had me thinking as well had I missheard my educator when she had stated you can't mix the shellac colours, only layer, because they are all formulated for 2min cure

Welcome to Facebook

Oh no I sent a picture of my nails to them because I thought it was a genuine page!

I also follwo this page and its tough! Theres some fab advice and some not so fab!

Perhaps S2 or CND themselves could complain as its damaging their reputation really.

There are lot of 'non official' pages on FaceBook (not just for Shellac) but, I am sure as soon as one closes down another one will pop up again!

There will also always be 'Messers' who play about with products and techniques and again you cannot stop them, however you won't have any idea about Service Breakdown if you do so.

CND spend so much time and money on R&D to ensure we have the best products on the market to offer the best possible service to our clients that delivers exactly what it is designed for.

What I would recommend is listen to the Advice, Training and Education given by your CND Education Ambassador.

I too thought it was an official page until I read that the 'messers' were mixing! And then came long Gigi, she commented and was shot down! Unbelievable. Then I realised this page was for MESSERS not true educated techs, some of the nails leave a lot to be desired too ;)

Just having a quick look on that page I would imagine that it's Likers are more of the DIY type getting their stuff from other sources. So are unlikely to listen to or care for the advice given.

I'm not saying that all DIY'ers are ignorant, but I think people choose to believe what they want to, unless they have researched and been trained in the science of the product. Insurance issues are of no concern to them if they DIY and as far as they can see they have had no issues, so for them there are no issues.

If clients start asking about mixing, just explain to them that you are a professional, trained to use the product as it should be. If you also give them a little of the science, then they will feel confident in your knowledge and should then understand why it cannot be done.

It would be nice if CND were to have an official Shellac page where decent techs could show off their work to the public and educate the public at the same timem, but it's the manning of it that's the problem!

All I can hope is that these people are not qualified...if they are stupid enough to mix colours when told not to

Latest posts

Back