Shellac, CND UV lamp and feet

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lorrainelola

Reaction score
I use the cnd lamp for doing shellac polish on hands but I'm wondering how your client comfortably gets their foot in it? I have a lamp I used to use where the whole bottom comes off so you place it over the clients foot. It's a brilliant design.

I know part of the cnd lamp comes off to make the hole bigger but if a client is on a couch , knees bent so that foot is flat how do they get their foot in?

Am I just having a senior moment here?

I've never had a problem with clients sliding their foot into the lamp ... just what problem are you having with that? Is their some difficulty?

I think I'm just being cack handed as per usual :-/
Client lifted her foot up and I slid the lamp on but knocked her toes. Goodness knows how. Just wondered if it was just me lol.
Geeg I think you've just answered that question :)
Note to self be more careful with beautiful shellac toes.

The lamp sits on the floor and the client just gently slides her own foot into the lamp .. I don't actually help them other than to position the lamp where it is easy for them to do it! lol Hopefully it was just a one off accident that time. :hug:

Think that's where I'm going wrong as client was on the couch legs bent. I reverted to old lamp and have done since just for toes. Hmmm I will have to do toe polish with client on a chair and they can put their own feet in.

She was ok about it and we had a laugh but I wouldn't want it happening again.

Thank you for your advice xx

Hi,
I always pedicure with the client up on the couch...and I just make sure they have a bolster cushion under their knees...pop the shellac lamp on the end of the couch and guide their foot in...they love it and no accidents so far...touch wood. Hth...

Sarah x

I say to them very firmly... slide your foot in nice and slow and keep it as LOW as possible!

You will always get the odd clutsy one:D

I say to them very firmly... slide your foot in nice and slow and keep it as LOW as possible!

You will always get the odd clutsy one:D

Love it x

Just a quick question,do you put tissue between the toes to separate them for polishing?

i was wondering that too

I did a shellac pedicure the other day and used tissue between the toes as my clients toes were very close together. Is it ok to do this with shellac?

Sent from my E15i using SalonGeek

I did a shellac pedicure the other day and used tissue between the toes as my clients toes were very close together. Is it ok to do this with shellac?

Sent from my E15i using SalonGeek

Of course! No different to using polish. Most peoples toes need separating...

Latest posts

Back