Shellac - colours that need 3 coats?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today I saw the fabulous Fingernail Fixer in action and this exact question came up when she was applying Mint Convertible to one of the ladies in the group. She said you apply it thinly. If you are getting patchy areas it is because the Shellac has not been shaken thoroughly enough so there is not even colour on the brush. I will defiantly be trying and shaking more X

I've just bought sun bleached and tried it on myself. I needed 3 costs for full coverage, I find cityscape and mint convertible I seem to need 3 coats too x

I don't use 3 coats of any!
X

I also often do 3 coats for Romantique depending on the client. I always ask their opinion

I have to use three and I'm not happy about it all

I had a new bottle of clay canyon and had to use three coats yesterday. I thought it was very patchy, despite lots of shaking.

I'm quite new to shellac and am wondering how long I should be shaking the bottle for?

To be honest, I strongly disagree with the people who say they 'never' do three coats..... If your doing a perfect gel polish application, whether it's shellac, Gelish, OPI Gelcolour, or any gel polish for that matter, there is bound to be some colors which absolutely need three coats. If you don't do it to certain colors..... One: it's because it doesn't look like "it's needed", and that's because your definitely applying each coats way too thick....

Or, two, your doing two appropriate thickness coats, and letting your client leave your studio with a very see through, weak looking polish application. I can't let my clients leave unless the color looks spectacular in every angle of light.

Don't feel bad for doing three coats. Every single retailer even suggests some colors may need three coats.

I find I use 3 coats for a lot of the colours I am a perfectionist & can't stand the colour to not be as strong as it should be I want my clients leaving loving their nails not being slightly disappointed the colour isn't strong enough.

Grape gum every time...

To be honest, I strongly disagree with the people who say they 'never' do three coats..... If your doing a perfect gel polish application, whether it's shellac, Gelish, OPI Gelcolour, or any gel polish for that matter, there is bound to be some colors which absolutely need three coats. If you don't do it to certain colors..... One: it's because it doesn't look like "it's needed", and that's because your definitely applying each coats way too thick....

Or, two, your doing two appropriate thickness coats, and letting your client leave your studio with a very see through, weak looking polish application. I can't let my clients leave unless the color looks spectacular in every angle of light.

Don't feel bad for doing three coats. Every single retailer even suggests some colors may need three coats.

I agree. I watched a few videos from FNFixer. She said if you are getting full coverage from the 1st coat, you are applying it too thick! 😊

Latest posts

Back