Shellac course?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heather78

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm new to this sight but wanted to join as I'd like to hear your opinions on Shellac? I've been reading some of the posts on here & it looks like most of you who have taken it on are more than happy (& most importantly so are your clients :)) I was just wandering how many of you have done the course & if you would recommend it? I've got 14 years experience as a Therapist & the nearest place to me to do a course is about 3hrs away so I want to make sure its worth it if that makes sense??

Hello. I recently took up a course with sweet squared in Shellac. I travelled two hours to get there as well so i feel your pain! I was also concerned about doing the course due to how expensive i found the products to buy. But it was well worth the traveling and the expense. I thought the course was brilliant. With doing the shellac personally ... I always get excellent feedback from my clients and i have found a high demand for it, as Im sure anyone on here will tell you. I hope this has been helpful. :)

Sent from my GT-I9000 using SalonGeek

Shellac training course, is it worth it?
Absolutely, you will get to know Shellac inside out. This course will teach you everything you need to know about Shellac and its application technique. The course also covers lots of other things that you may find very useful. Why not give Sweet Squared a call and just ask them all about it, they will also be able to tell where your nearest CND Shellac Education Ambassador is located.

HTH xxxx

The Shellac course is SO worth it. I am a firm believer in education and continuing education. If you add Shellac to your service menu, you will NOT regret it!

And, welcome to Salongeek, heather78! :)

Thanks ladies for your replies so far!! If I go ahead with buying Shellac (which I'm sure I will!!) I will definitely do the course! Its just quite a big outlay (products-training etc!) but I want to be 100% confident and enthusiastic if I do this! I think I'm going to start with the minimum amount of colours to keep initial cost down & then add on as an when! I'm only a small business working just 3 days a week & work out of 2 different alternative therapy centres so it will mean I will have another thing to carry but I'm hoping it won't be to heavy!!

I've had a PM from my nearest CND ambassador so that's great!! This is a great site to be a part of (although I've only been a part of it 5mins!)

Thanks again
Heather xx

Hi Heather

When I did my Shellac course there were two girls that had travelled and stayed overnight and they were so glad that they had made the effort. I really enjoyed mine and I learnt a lot. We can all easily find out online how to apply Shellac, but what I found most useful were the tips on what not to do. It's also really helpful to be able to apply it in front of your trainer and get feedback from them.

Oh dear I think I've been given the wrong advice! I'm booked onto a CND manicure course with a view to doing shellac. I asked about shellac training and they said i only needed to do the manicure trng & then purchase a cd from them to learn the shellac. Has anyone else been given this advice?

Hi you were given the correct info re manicure course it's always worth going to a shellac class I'm sure they are free or at least don't cost much at the academy in Manchester if that's where you are training you will have a great time and have first class education. For shellac you don't need to do a separate course but like I said it's always good to perfect tour technique with the help of Cnd educators x

Thanks Bonkers,

The course isn't free but no more expensive than most manicure courses I think. They told me they don't go into how to apply shellac but do show us how to apply nail varnish and it's the same principle. Apparently the cd will fill in the rest i.e, how many layers, timings etc. Don't know how much the cd is though and if you can purchase it on the day. Anyone else tried it this way or have you all been on specific courses?

Where are you getting your info from K-lashes?

If you dont hold a manicure qualification already then yes, you will need to do a course in that but you can also do a course in Shellac.
This will help you with specifically applying Shellac should you wish to do the training properly and not with a DVD. Shellac is a bit different to apply then polish.
I have to confess to being a bit naff at applying regular polish since being spoilt with the ease of Shellac, there are also tips/tricks you will learn on your course to ensure you can apply and use Shellac with that ease.

For the official information and details of CND certified Shellac and/or manicure course's in your area you need to call Sweet Squared on 08452106060 :hug:

Thanks for your reply. Like I said in my previous post I rang CND/sweetsquared as I knew that i would need to do the manicure course first. I asked them about courses for shellac as I explained that's what i'd like to train in following the manicure course. The lady said that there wasn't a specific course for shellac as it's only like applying nail varnish and very easy. She told me i would just need to purchase a CD!! I was surprised at this advice as lots of threads on here about people going on courses, but i thought they'd attended trng for shellac with CND. That's why i've posted this thread as I wasn't expecting the advice she gave. I wondered if someone else had been given this advice and tried using the cd?

Hiya
I just wanted to add that although the outlay can seem expensive for shellac you don't have to get all the colours in one go. Shellac really does sell itself and when you start getting clients in you can add to the colours you have. Good luck!

Hi. I recently got in touch about Minx and shellac courses through sweetsquared by email. They gave me training dates for the Minx course but not any information regarding a shellac course. I was just wondering as from the above post that do they do a shellac course in Leeds??I'm a bit confused as some on here are saying yes, then others no. Help appreciated! X

Dear all,

I am a Shellac Education Ambassador so can I just confirm that there are definitely Shellac courses running all over the country. Most of all, there are definitely Shellac courses running in Leeds.

These Shellac 'brings then back' classes are 3 hour interactive classes where you will be able to have hands-on Shellac experience. These courses are designed to help you understand Shellac a little more as a product and to try and eliminate any problems you may be currently experiencing. Most of the problems caused by Shellac are due to improper usage. On the completion of this course, you will be certified with a official Shellac certificate.

If you are interested in booking onto a Shellac course, please call S2 and specifically request your nearest 3 hour Shellac' brings them back' course to avoid any further confusion.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for your reply. Like I said in my previous post I rang CND/sweetsquared as I knew that i would need to do the manicure course first. I asked them about courses for shellac as I explained that's what i'd like to train in following the manicure course. The lady said that there wasn't a specific course for shellac as it's only like applying nail varnish and very easy. She told me i would just need to purchase a CD!! I was surprised at this advice as lots of threads on here about people going on courses, but i thought they'd attended trng for shellac with CND. That's why i've posted this thread as I wasn't expecting the advice she gave. I wondered if someone else had been given this advice and tried using the cd?

Hi K-Lashes, was this conversation had with S2 recently? Or is this the conversation you had with them back in July (as per your post on a previous thread).
I think you'll find the DVD you're referring to is a customer orientated DVD rather than a nail technician instructional DVD, so I'm guessing this could be a case of crossed wires! :)
S2 have appointed over 20 new Shellac Education Ambassadors as they feel that it is very important to deliver great education in all aspects of nail technology & services.
I'd recommend giving them another call to clarify, the Shellac classes are hands on and you'd learn SO much more AND have a lot more fun while doing it! That's got to be more enticing than a DVD? ;) x

Hi Lu-b-lu,

Yes it was around July time and I was very clear that i wanted to do shellac treatments. I was aware that i'd need to do the manicure course but thought I would then be able to book on one of their shellac courses. I have received a pm from a shellac distributor who says she may be able to help so going to contact her regarding trng. By the way they didn't say it was customer orientated cd. On a positive note i'm looking forward to their manicure course as i've heard great things about CND and I'm determined to find a shellac course. Thanks for all your replies.

Wow! Some of you travel really far! I spose im quite lucky as I have Shellac training on my doorstep through Ellisons, im in Notts and they train in Leicester, Cov and Brum.

It's a pre requisite to have a Shellac kit so just waiting patiently til I have the funds then I'll be booking :)

How much is a shellac course?? Somebody please tell me coz I can't see it anywhere. And due to my job I can never call them during office hours. Xx

Latest posts

Back