Shellac custom layering as in custom blending?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrs.Clooney

Positive Geek
Reaction score
I know we can't mix/blend Shellac, but is there a way to disquise imperfections or unwanted characteristics on a nail when applying Shellac?

I have a client who is Hispanic and she indicated that she wanted the white French to be thin like I wear them. I explained to her that I file my own nails in between treatments which takes the free edge down whilst the white French smile line grows out, thus they start to look thinner. At this point my natural smile line was starting to show through and was visible under 2 layers of Beau.

Now I use 2x Beau on my client and it looks pretty on her and not overly pink, but as she has a darker skin tone, her natural smile lines are more obvious under her Shellac. I feel that using a heavier pink will then look too pink especially on against her darker skin.

So, is there a colour combination to give her a thinner smile which would make her nail beds look longer whilst at the same time disquising her natural smile line as one would in custom blending with L&P and without it looking too pink so that it matches more to her skin tone?

I know we can't mix/blend Shellac, but is there a way to disquise imperfections or unwanted characteristics on a nail when applying Shellac?

I have a client who is Hispanic and she indicated that she wanted the white French to be thin like I wear them. I explained to her that I file my own nails in between treatments which takes the free edge down whilst the white French smile line grows out, thus they start to look thinner. At this point my natural smile line was starting to show through and was visible under 2 layers of Beau.

Now I use 2x Beau on my client and it looks pretty on her and not overly pink, but as she has a darker skin tone, her natural smile lines are more obvious under her Shellac. I feel that using a heavier pink will then look too pink especially on against her darker skin.

So, is there a colour combination to give her a thinner smile which would make her nail beds look longer whilst at the same time disquising her natural smile line as one would in custom blending with L&P and without it looking too pink so that it matches more to her skin tone?

would an extra layer of beau give the coverage needed?

Could you try romantique under the beau. Just one coat maybe? I've had to do that to mask people's natural smile lines before.

I would try Strawberry Smoothie to mask the natural smile line. It works really well. HTH! :)

Latest posts

Back