Shellac customer - annoyance

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kitkat84

Reaction score
I have a shellac customer who has just messaged me to say she got her shellac done by somebody else while she was away an one of them has come off/chipped, so she asked if I can do just 1 nail for her even though I never done it for her in the first place.
What's everyone's view on this? It's annoyed me the fact that she expects me to fix someone else's work an for 1 nail!!

I wouldn't have a problem with it- unless I was mobile and was expected to come out for just one nail!

If you're able to, why not? Just make sure you charge! x

She is your client and you have the colour why not? Would you rather she went elsewhere and you lose all her business?

I'd repair it too, she'll be grateful you did and hopefully come back for a full Shellac service time & time again.

Don't turn away business, particularly in this climate. Do a cracking job and reap the rewards! :) x

I agree with the above answers. I would do it, too. HTH! :)

Your client had her Shellac done whilst she was away, but has asked you to do the repair. She didn't have to, but she knows you offer Shellac and obviously places her trust in you.

Be flattered, do the repair and she'll continue to return to you.

The problem is that it may not be shellac on her nails to start with and this would then prove difficult to try & deal with. If it appears to be Shellac and you have the colour she is wearing then I would have no problem fixing the one nail (but I would charge accordingly for soaking off, my time and applying new product to that one nail).

If you think you can fix it up then you should try, personally I would warn her that if the products turns out to not be Shellac then you would do the one nail in Shellac but it might not match up 100% and it may look better with a full soak off and reaplication just so she is aware of the possibility.

The problem is that it may not be shellac on her nails to start with and this would then prove difficult to try & deal with. If it appears to be Shellac and you have the colour she is wearing then I would have no problem fixing the one nail (but I would charge accordingly for soaking off, my time and applying new product to that one nail).

If you think you can fix it up then you should try, personally I would warn her that if the products turns out to not be Shellac then you would do the one nail in Shellac but it might not match up 100% and it may look better with a full soak off and reaplication just so she is aware of the possibility.

Thanks this is what I was thinking that it might possibly not b shellac!!

Thanks this is what I was thinking that it might possibly not b shellac!!
All you can do is warm her that you will do your best and will remove the broken/chipped nail and apply Shellac but there is a chance that the product she has on isn't Shellac, if this is the case then it may not match up 100% and therfore the cost of fixing one nail will be £xx.xx and soaking all off and replacing the whole set will be £xx.xx. So long as you make her aware that there is a chance (however small a chance) that things may not match 100% as you don't know exactly what was used by the place she used while away.

I've never just soaked off one nail what would u charge this?

I would do it hun, but i would charge her. i charge £2.50 per nail for a repair which is what you'd be doing. I always try and upsell at this point and suggest she buy a solar oil (if she hasnt already got one and using) as we all know how much solar oil helps shellac and its money in your pocket.

i personally wouldnt warn her about it potentially not being shellac, you'll soon know when you come to repair it if it isn't shellac and you can then explain that to her. I just think sometimes people automatically assume it might not be shellac and i for one as a client would be put off if straight away a tech questioned me/the previous tech and perhaps feel as if you didnt want the job. consumers are funny old things, myself included! thats just my opinion of course, however if i were removing a full set i would book out extra time for the removal and charge accordingly in case it isnt shellac. i removed a clients gelish with one nail patched with l&p and then applied shellac. i explained to the client price of my shellac service, cost of removal/added time and she was totally fine with it and i didnt mention whether or not her products may or may not be gelish. i had no idea if her gelish was the real deal but i just gave myself enough time incase it took longer.

love n hugs xxx

My repair appointments are £10 now and that includes upto 2 nails whether it be acrylic/shellac/gelish/minx. I changed the repair charges a couple of weeks ago. Repairs is not just a couple of minutes job and is costly to your business if you do not charge correctly.

i would do it too no problem and charge her 1/10 of what your price is.
at the end of the day she is a client who has come back to YOU , so she's obviously happy with you and your treatments, prices etc.
happy clients have friends ....it may be a pain in the butt in the short term but in the long term you will make more money out of it.

I did this the other day, it took not far off half an hour for 1 nail.

1/10th of the price = £2.

Annoying.

But yes, I'd do it to keep her happy.You have to stand back and look at the bigger picture.

Latest posts

Back