Shellac - difference between Mother of Pearl and Zillionare

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

L119

Reaction score
Hi,

can someone tell me the difference between Mother of Pearl and Zillionare? I want to get one to really 'bling' up dark colours like Fedora and Rock Royalty over the christmas period but not sure which to go for or whats the difference between them?

Also whats the new grey colour like?

Thanks xxx

MOP is a fine glitter whereas zillionaire has flakes of uneven size and shape. Both are fab, get both!

For the look you want go with ZilliOnaire, the glitter is bigger & more bling! :) I'm going to do my nail in asphalt tonight & put zilliOnaire over the top. :) x

I would definately try and get both MOP and Zillionaire as in the previous post!

I really like Asphalt (the new grey), a lot of my customers are not convinced from looking at it in the bottle, but it looks lovely on so I am going to do my nails in it next as I think when customers see it on they will see how nice it is. Moonlight & Roses looks gorgeous layered over the top of Asphalt.

They are both transparent irradecent glitter
Pearl is a fine dot glitter
Zillion is tiny flakes ( if you have ever looked into an Opel it looks like that! )

The only thing I can add is that Zillionaire takes on a multi-colored holographic affect.

I'm going to be honest and say I like MoP, WAY better than Zillionaire. To me, the glitter shows up more than Zillionaire.

I have put zillionaire on quite a few colours on nail pops - and the most glittery seems to be when it is put on black, purplepurple and rock royalty. It is very very glittery - fab

xx

I'm going to be honest and say I like MoP, WAY better than Zillionaire. To me, the glitter shows up more than Zillionaire.

Have you shaken the life out of it? I mean doing the high speed one winged funky chicken dance for at least a minute to get the glitter up and moving ?

I thought mine was a bit rubbish when I first got it ... Even the brush was odd ,

Now it's WOW :)

The glittery ones defenitly need mote shaking

(p.s I'm loving your pic :) )

Last edited:
Have you shaken the life out of it? I mean doing the high speed one winged funky chicken dance for at least a minute to get the glitter up and moving ?

I thought mine was a bit rubbish when I first got it ... Even the brush was odd ,

My brush is a bit odd. Kind of stuck together a bit. Must need to shake shake shake more :)

My brush is a bit odd. Kind of stuck together a bit. Must need to shake shake shake more :)

That's what mine was like!
I cleaned it off with a little d-sperce on a lint free pad ,

Put it back in and shook for my life , it's fab now :)

not tried zillionaire but dont find MOP very glittery, which is a shame as i have quite a lot of clients asking for glitter i have even tried applying two coats. x

That's what mine was like!
I cleaned it off with a little d-sperce on a lint free pad ,

Put it back in and shook for my life , it's fab now :)

Ah thank you. I will give it a go :) x

Out of interest, who charges extra for layering? Like if you do more than 2 coats I mean, e.g. 2 x blackpool, 1 x zillionaire? I have been charging the normal Shellac price but sort of feel maybe I should be charging extra? :o

Out of interest, who charges extra for layering? Like if you do more than 2 coats I mean, e.g. 2 x blackpool, 1 x zillionaire? I have been charging the normal Shellac price but sort of feel maybe I should be charging extra? :o

I personally don't charge extra for an extra coat of Shellac but that's just me. :)

The glittery ones defenitly need mote shaking

I'm shook the cr*p out of it.

I think sophiegees hit the nail on the head...it needs to be over a dark color. I put it over Hotski and neither the client nor I could barely tell it was on.

(PS: thanks for your comment on my new avatar. This is Deano's self portrait. So cute...and it DOES look like him). :D

I personally don't charge extra for an extra coat of Shellac but that's just me. :)

Thank you for your input deanosnana, that puts my mind at ease :) I have just found that I have been layering so much recently that I thought it would put a hole in my pocket! Glad to have another geeks opinion :) also loving your profile pic x

Thank you - looks like both it is then ha ha! x

Latest posts

Back