Shellac~geleration~gelish questions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nailgurl17

Reaction score
HELLO ALL :)

I am using currently using all 3 lines and have a few questions to anyone that can help.

1) Ive noticed that most colors last wonderfully but there are a few that chip quicker than others.Now if Im doing the process exactly the same why do certain colors last longer and certain colors chip or peel more quickly? Could it possibly just be the certain color? Is that an option??

2) can you inter-mingle the base and top coats with these brands? I have used the Shellac base and top with both the Shellac and the Geleration and seem to be ok but I tried with the Gelish and it came off in 5 days.. any "hands on" experience in these areas??

3) do you always have to take the shine off of the base in the Gelish line ( either with a brush or with a lint free pad and alcohol) does it really make a difference??

4) Who likes what line better??

THANKS FELLOW NAIL TECHS FOR ANY INPUT... JUST CURIOUS :green:

This is the one for me :green:

Login - CND if you are to registered then click the youtube icon at the bottom of the CND login page. But it is easy to register. Here's how ...

You need to register on the site. Just fill in your details and when it asks for your technicians license number, just skip that and fill in your address details. When it sees that you live abroad, it will let you register without the number.

Using Shellac really is as easy as it looks. No mystery. No nail buffing. No removal if dispersion layers to get the product to stick and stay in one place. But do note how beautifully parallel the brush is kept on the nail when polishing ... this is one of the secrets along with a light touch to a perfect Shellac colour coat application. Also note the TINY amount of product on the brush by the time 'capping' is done ... no thick edges.

Last edited:
HELLO ALL :)

I am using currently using all 3 lines and have a few questions to anyone that can help.

1) Ive noticed that most colors last wonderfully but there are a few that chip quicker than others.Now if Im doing the process exactly the same why do certain colors last longer and certain colors chip or peel more quickly? Could it possibly just be the certain color? Is that an option??

2) can you inter-mingle the base and top coats with these brands? I have used the Shellac base and top with both the Shellac and the Geleration and seem to be ok but I tried with the Gelish and it came off in 5 days.. any "hands on" experience in these areas??

It's always best not to mix different brands to get the best results

3) do you always have to take the shine off of the base in the Gelish line ( either with a brush or with a lint free pad and alcohol) does it really make a difference??

You remove the shine from the foundation gel base to help with the colour coat adhereing better. You must use a dry brush for this & wipe the brush after each nail (not a lint free wipe & alcohol), othewise you are just transferring from one nail to the next. It also helps thttp://www.facebook.com/#!/notes.php?id=100001088445428&notes_tab=app_2347471856o stop your white from 'bleeding' over the nail when doing a french. I have not done this on a few occasions & it has made no difference to the product staying power.
The pep for Gelish is not the same as for Shellac, so be sure to follow the correct prep procedure too.
See the facebook page for Nail Harmony UK for lots of information that will help - also lots of other tech show there work & you can see the colours on the nails too. There is also a group on here for Gelish Lovers & a Shellac group with lots of info too.

4) Who likes what line better??

THANKS FELLOW NAIL TECHS FOR ANY INPUT... JUST CURIOUS :green:

Hope the above helps xx

As a small addition:

Mixing light cured gels is not as 'wrong' as mixing L&P products but you won't get any support from your supplier if something is not right. They will only guarantee their own products, application instructions and results.

With regard to inhibition layer of the base coat, you don't remove it, just 'degloss' it. This helps with an even layer of colour and (importantly) getting a perfect edge at the cuticle (plus a clean white as Bev has said).

I have forgotten to do this on occasion and the edge is not nearly as sharp as it 'slides' away

PS Harmony have some neat sponge nail wipes that do this job as well as a brush

PS Harmony have some neat sponge nail wipes that do this job as well as a brush

Oh, I haven't seen these. Sounds brill. :green:

Latest posts

Back