Shellac, Gelish or Gelax?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've used both but am not replenishing stock of Shellac as and when colours run out. Personally I find the application of the actual Gelish easier, I find Shellac a bit too thick. I've recently had training in a new way to apply the Gelish foundation which makes removal time comparable to shellac.

I have used both gelish and shellac for a few years. I personally don't like gelish as it shrinks before it even goes in the lamp and needs loads of coats to get the actual colour. I only got it because there wasn't enough colours in shellac

Shellac has been really good but the latest colours seem to shrink a lot. also even with thin coats a lot of the darker colours can wrinkle. :-( shellac I feel lasts well, unfortunately I use a lot of bright colours and shellac doesn't offer these but do offer additives you can play about with to create colours.

I have recently got O'nine pure gel and one step colours in. They have a wide range of colours like gelish and it stays where I put it and doesn't shrink or wrinkle even when I put it on thick so it's giving me everything I want, Liking this a lot. :)

I used to use gelish but now I use shellac.
I found gelish too runny and not as strong.
Shellac lasts for ages on me and also covers in 2 coats. Gelish took more coats and shrunk back before putting it in the lamp. I also found it didn't last that well.
I also use ibd just gel. This lasts amazingly but is a completely different consistency to shellac. It takes more to cover. I still use this though so people have the wide choice of colours and as it lasts so long, I don't mind having to do the odd extra coat of gel.
Xx

I've only ever used shellac and I love it but I would like to have a go with gelish may get a couple and try it.

I've used both but am not replenishing stock of Shellac as and when colours run out. Personally I find the application of the actual Gelish easier, I find Shellac a bit too thick. I've recently had training in a new way to apply the Gelish foundation which makes removal time comparable to shellac.

Can you tell us what the new way to apply foundation is? I keep following the mantra 'Thin to win' x

Latest posts

Back