Shellac/Gelish training

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Missy106

Reaction score
Hi im over from hair. Ive started doing weekend lashes on mainly family and friends to boost my profit as im mobile. (I have done a course) . Now i have a lot of clients asking me to do gel nails while their colour is on which makes sense really. Might aswell make some extra profit while im there. I wouldnt really be advertising myself as a nail tech. But what im asking is can you do a course on shellac/ gellish without any previous nail experience? Xx

Hi you would need hold a manicure qualification first :)

Go with Gelish.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using SalonGeek mobile app

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi you would need hold a manicure qualification first :)

See a beauty acadamy by me does lots of courses without any beauty experience. I know its best to do a proper beauty qualification , but with 2 small children and a very busy mobile business i just havent got the time! Lol. And like i said i wont be offering this as a service in itself just to existing clients :) xx

You need manicure certificate to buy most products. However to get good results you need to learn about dry prep, eg getting rid of all dead tissue on nail (not as easy as it sounds!) and the specific application instructions. Most brands do VERY reasonable one day courses so it's worth checking out.

Salon services do a course including basic manicure with asp signniture led polish for £70! It's currently vat free at the moment too! I've come from makeup and lashes and am taking this course in March :)

Ok so basically i have to do the manicure course first then do a gel one ye? :) sounds good to me! Ill try get booked on one asap :) xx

The salon services course is all in one! Full day workshop for manicure and gel polish! :)

The salon services course is all in one! Full day workshop for manicure and gel polish! :)

Ahh that sounds good. Do they do it in all salon services? X

No, you will need to check with them.

Hi im over from hair. Ive started doing weekend lashes on mainly family and friends to boost my profit as im mobile. (I have done a course) . Now i have a lot of clients asking me to do gel nails while their colour is on which makes sense really. Might aswell make some extra profit while im there. I wouldnt really be advertising myself as a nail tech. But what im asking is can you do a course on shellac/ gellish without any previous nail experience? Xx
You need to hold a manicure and pedicure certification to be able to purchase CND Shellac. ... That should be the same with any reputable company. There are honestly hundreds of different gel products to choose from so you do not have to limit yourself to just two choices.

Shellac has some pretty unique features that set it apart from the 'gels'. It is cured with UV light similar to gels but some of the USP's are that:

It removes faster than any gel.
You donit need to file the nail plate before applying CND Shellac.
The service is faster at 30-40 minutes
It has an I comparable shine
It is hypoallergenic
And it goes on very easily like polish

So if you are interested get in touch with the home of CND in the UK which is Sweet Squared by ringing 0842106060
There is no struggle sourcing the lamps that go with the system and they will be only too pleased to accommodate you with more information on classes near you if you are interested.

Quote from Geeg above:

It removes faster than any gel
Yes, that's true.

You don't need to with Gelish either.

Incorrect. LED cured polishes/gels have a faster service time.

Same as Gelish. I've seen both.

It is hypoallergenic
Yes. Very true.

So does Gelish.

Can only be cured with a CND lamp whereas other systems can be cured with other lamps. This is a unique selling point too but can be quite detrimental.

Yes, I've heard on here that its great but I wouldn't put all my eggs in one basket. If you want to go with the ever popular Shellac, it would be an idea to carry a backup system like ACG, OPI, Gelish. etc.

I'm doing my Gelish training next week (excited!) and this includes manicure/pedicure training too. It's over 3 days xx

How much is that course costing with kit Hun?

Quote from Geeg above:

It removes faster than any gel
Yes, that's true.

You don't need to with Gelish either.

Incorrect. LED cured polishes/gels have a faster service time.

Same as Gelish. I've seen both.

It is hypoallergenic
Yes. Very true.

So does Gelish.

Can only be cured with a CND lamp whereas other systems can be cured with other lamps. This is a unique selling point too but can be quite detrimental.

Yes, I've heard on here that its great but I wouldn't put all my eggs in one basket. If you want to go with the ever popular Shellac, it would be an idea to carry a backup system like ACG, OPI, Gelish. etc.

Service time is no quicker with LED ... That has been proven so many times ... But it is everyone's choice of course as to which type of system they want to use.

As for buffing the nail plate, it is part of the gel training to buff the nail plate .. It is not taught as optional ... It is protocol with all gels. If some choose not to buff then bravo to them ... But it is not how it is taught and it is not protocol.

I have only had my eggs in one basket and it has never been the wrong choice for me but if others prefer to spend out on more than one UV cured colour option then that is their business decision ... We are all entitled to make our own considered business decisions. I have never had need to offer an alternative to my brand choice.

Latest posts

Back