Shellac Grape Gum?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wendynailedit

Reaction score
Hi all. I've just used Grape Gum for the first time and found it to be very watery. I needed 3 coats which is fine but unusual for Shellac. Has anyone else had the same or have I got a dodgy bottle? X

Im having to do three coats too also three with Lobster Roll :sad:

I've had to do 3 coats to get better coverage on this colour, but didn't really find the texture to be watery though. Same consistency as usual really xx

i did feel that the new colours were thinner in consistency but havent had to do any more than 2 coats?

Yes I used Grape Gum on a client and she asked for a third coat as it was so sheer and could still see her nail underneath.

When she returned for a re-shellac a couple of weeks later she said she was really disappointed with that colour. So I'm going to start using it over Rock Royalty I think ;)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

Yes I used Grape Gum on a client and she asked for a third coat as it was so sheer and could still see her nail underneath.

When she returned for a re-shellac a couple of weeks later she said she was really disappointed with that colour. So I'm going to start using it over Rock Royalty I think ;)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

I've been thinking the same. I'm going to try it on myself (just to make sure it is still true to colour) so when I do I'll let you know!

Xxx

It is very very sheer! No one had asked for it yet, but I will maybe try putting in on a bit thicker.

I did use it on myself but only under rock stars so it didn't matter that it was sheer-ish.

Thanks for the replies everyone. Someone said the new colours are all more sheer, but I've had the opposite with cake pop. My cake pop is really thick and difficult to apply. So much so that, I've been trying to steer people away from it! Has anyone else found this? X

Me too - used it for first time last night and very watery - I was actually very disappointed with it.
Managed to get away with a thin coat then a thicker without bubbling, but for shellac I expect better!

I used Grape Gum two weeks ago and my clients nails are still perfect. I had to do 3 coats though.....I have to do 3 with Hotski too so not just the new colours.

I only ever have to use 2 coats with grape gum. I do however have to go over my free edges just before sticking in lamp. X

I only ever have to use 2 coats with grape gum. I do however have to go over my free edges just before sticking in lamp. X

Yes, that was the other thing...the shrinkage was really bad. I loved the colour but really disappointed with consistency. Anyone had trouble with cake pop? X

Yes Grape Gum defiantly needs 3 coats, it is too thin & sheer... My clients have all mentioned this collection is very transparent & why??? Shame we are having to do 3 coats its more time consuming.

Yes, that was the other thing...the shrinkage was really bad. I loved the colour but really disappointed with consistency. Anyone had trouble with cake pop? X

Yes my Cake Pop also thick and difficult to apply 😞

I had to do 4!

They definitely have changed their consistency but you can put it on a but thicker than the other colours that's what I tried I also found that leaving the sealing until the end before you place hand into the lamp helps with shrinkage problems ..... Some shellac colours were way to thick and difficult to apply... they have changed all of their colours to thinner consistencies (like gelish) so I guess we'll just have to get use to it

This is 2 coats of Losbter Roll :) 💗this colour 😊

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1368919859.829974.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1368919859.829974.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 503

Latest posts

Back