Shellac help needed please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laura-H

Reaction score
Hi

I'm looking for some help, I gave been doing shellac for the past 2 years and have built up regular clients some gave them done after 2 weeks some go 3 weeks and a couple go for 4 weeks all with no problems no chips no peeling nothing then in January a couple of my regular clients would have 2-3 nails chipped or a bit peeled up or lifting round the edges. Then one lady went 4 days and lost 2 like completely come off in one whole nail piece.
This has happened for her for the past 3 sets of nails. But for the first year of doing her nails she rarely used the cnd solar oil. Then I couldn't fit her in do she went elsewhere had Jessica generation and then came back to me it took me an hour to soak off as I was unaware she had been elsewhere until I arrived with my shellac trolley. So I then found her nails dry so since then advised to oil to get them better again. Then she said two came off again and was going to have a break from them. She also said since she has used the solar oil they seem yo last less and less. When she didn't oil they lasted her three weeks.
Then today she messaged me to say she has been having shellac for the past 4 weeks with a salon and had been told her nails are not dry and not had one chip! So wanted yo know why hers were fine now she's having them done somewhere else!
I always do perfect cuticle work scrub fresh and can see that they are white and ready to base coat. I have the cnd lamp put new bulbs in and have opened a new base and top coat and worried I'm going to loose clients because of her. All her friends have them done by me and they have broke one or two on the car door and things but not like hers.

I'm beginning to think my lamp is faulty but it's almost 2 years old and not sure how long there supposed to last but really upset by it all.

Any advice or help would be appreciated xx

Latest posts

Back