Shellac, how long?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

only1malteaser

Reaction score
Hi, I first post, eek! I did a wee search and couldn't find an answer so sorry if it has been asked a million times!
I just started my training a couple of weeks ago and did my first shellac on someone other than me tonight, it felt like I took ages (an hour and a half).
I have no intention of rushing and would rather do a good job than a quick one but wondered how long it takes you on average to pep and shellac?
Thanks

Hi, welcome to the site.

It takes me about 45 mins, depending on how much prep needs to be done. If I talk a lot it really slows me down! I have been doing it a month now, I was taking longer but have done loads now so really getting the hang of it

I've been doing Shellac services for a year now. I always do a mini-manicure with my Shellac services. That alone takes 20-30 minutes. The Shellac application can take anywhere from 15-25 minutes depending on the client's nails, color choice (layering) or if they're doing nail art.

Hi, I first post, eek! I did a wee search and couldn't find an answer so sorry if it has been asked a million times!
I just started my training a couple of weeks ago and did my first shellac on someone other than me tonight, it felt like I took ages (an hour and a half).
I have no intention of rushing and would rather do a good job than a quick one but wondered how long it takes you on average to pep and shellac?
Thanks

Hi this is totally nothing to do with your post! But as I was reading I noticed you wrote u done a wee search an thought hmm must be Scottish! And I was right haha!

And sorry I can't help with it question I've not done my shellac yet!

Welcome to the forum, it's really great! X

30 minutes. 40 if removing x

I'm new to Shellac too and it takes me 1 hour!
AND that doesn't include removal :-(
I'm just hoping i'll quicken up with experience x

45 mins to an hour. I also do a massage on all my clients. :)

Last edited:
I book out an hour for a Shellac Manicure or Pedicure, 1hr 15min for Re-Shellac.
Sometimes it takes me the full hour, sometimes 45-50 mins.

As you probably know - It all depends on the clients nails & condition of the cuticle.

I had one client come in last week with glitter nail polish on, which took 10 MINUTES :irked: to remove, before I could even start the prep!
I have thought about saying to new Shellac clients "please come with varnish free nails" but not sure if that sounds a bit cheeky!

On the other hand, I have another client who comes in every 4-6 weeks for a Re-Shellac pedicure & this takes me 45mins!

On the whole I do find Shellac Pedicures a lot quicker than Shellac Manicures! x

It honestly depends on each persons nails!

Generally speaking, I would say 30 mins for a brand new client, and 45 for a re-Shellac including removal time. I also wanted to mention that I have 2 lamps for mani's so that speeds it up a lot.

I only use one for pedi's though and I do one foot at a time so that slows it down.

Thank you all, I suppose that I'm not that bad then as it was my first shot doing nails full stop.

Lolly do shellac you will love it, I'm addicted already! And I must stop writing as I think!

I had one client come in last week with glitter nail polish on, which took 10 MINUTES :irked: to remove, before I could even start the prep!
I have thought about saying to new Shellac clients "please come with varnish free nails" but not sure if that sounds a bit cheeky!

x

I HATE, HATE, HATE glitter polish! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Thank you all, I suppose that I'm not that bad then as it was my first shot doing nails full stop.

Lolly do shellac you will love it, I'm addicted already! And I must stop writing as I think!

I've got my course booked for 4th of sept and will get my kit then too :D so excited lol! X

Latest posts

Back