Shellac in cold conditions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karen-Nail Tech

Reaction score
So I've just had a summerhouse custom build for me as a home salon... (Ill include a photos just because I'm so proud of it!) But anyway... My friend mentioned that being out in the cold at night etc could damage it. Can anyone advise if this is true and what you do if you work from an outside building please?

Thanks in advance!

x

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1354918635.893024.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1354918635.893024.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 457
So I've just had a summerhouse custom build for me as a home salon... (Ill include a photos just because I'm so proud of it!) But anyway... My friend mentioned that being out in the cold at night etc could damage it. Can anyone advise if this is true and what you do if you work from an outside building please?

Thanks in advance!

x
No idea, but that's a very nice home salon!

Greetings from Belgium,
Conny

No idea, but that's a very nice home salon!

Greetings from Belgium,
Conny

Thank you Conny! :)

Hopefully someone can answer me :) x

I have no idea hunni either but it's looks absolutely gorgeous! You must show off some pics :) x

My nail room is a converted garage and is just off the conservatory.
It can get cold in there without heating on so I keep the heater just ticking over keeping the chill out. The heater goes on properly when clients are in.

Anyhow answering your question I've found shellac to be a bit thicker when I've let it get too cool but after its warmed up its been ok. I think the main thing is not having drastic changes in temperature.

Vicki x

My nail room is a converted garage and is just off the conservatory.
It can get cold in there without heating on so I keep the heater just ticking over keeping the chill out. The heater goes on properly when clients are in.

Anyhow answering your question I've found shellac to be a bit thicker when I've let it get too cool but after its warmed up its been ok. I think the main thing is not having drastic changes in temperature.

Vicki x

Thank you very much for your reply :)

I was thinking of packaging them up and bringing them in each night but figured it would be a pain!

x

I am a mobile technician, and although I leave my 'electrics' in the car overnight, I do bring in to the house my polishes. I use Shellac and SpaRitual - the SpaRitual 'traditional polish' I think needs to be at room temperature as it is a bit sensitive to either too cold or too hot. Interestingly if you read the back of the Shellac bottles, it says 'store in a cool place' - so I think you will probably be fine in your new establishment! Just put in a timed heating control to take the chill off in the the extremes of winter perhaps!

i work in my conservatory which can be hot or cold! for this reason i have the spinning rack and bring it in the house every night as well as my gel products. as said it is extremes of temperature that these products dont like so just general slightly colder or warmer is fine x

i work in my conservatory which can be hot or cold! for this reason i have the spinning rack and bring it in the house every night as well as my gel products. as said it is extremes of temperature that these products dont like so just general slightly colder or warmer is fine x

Thanks so much.

As you can see I bought the wall rack maximum my space but wish I had hot the spinning rack white it was available!

x

Latest posts

Back