Shellac lamp

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

savannahg

Reaction score
ok i know this sounds horrible but i have been doing opi axxium soak off for a while with a cheaper uv lamp instead of the opi lamp....i was just wondering if anyone knew whether or not i HAVE to use the CND lamp or if anyone eles has tryed this....times are tough right now and if i can use the one i have that would be awesome..its a 9 watt....

No you must use the CND lamp for shellac there have been afew threads like this so search and have a look as i cant think off the top of my head why this is. HTH X

Sorry but you shuldnt be using ANY U.V system with out the right light,
the light is as much a part of the system as the base , top coat and the shellac it's self, or what ever system your using.
it's not the watts it's the U.V output that is important ,

most people are a little hard for money right now, your clients are included in this so why rip them off with only part of the system that they are paying for?
The new CND lamp is fab and totaly worth the money ,
with intragrated fan, removabale lead, 5 finger cure, carry handle, removable ledge for feet , digital count down timer , bulb use memory , and other things I personaly think it's money well spent!

Hi you really should use the lamp for the product you are using, how do you know if they are cured/undercured ? answer you don't and you are puting your customers at risk of over exposure which could lead to an allergy to the products.
The Lamp from CND is a really good price, also no other lamp will cure the Shellac so it really is worth the investement, also it cures all 4 fingers and thumb together so time saving also :)

if you can get hold of the cnd uv lamp !!!!! ive had my shellac for weeks and i cant use it :0( i have tried my 5 finger cure uv non cnd light... it only works on light colours the reds dont cure at all >>>. ;)

Sorry but you shuldnt be using ANY U.V system with out the right light,
the light is as much a part of the system as the base , top coat and the shellac it's self, or what ever system your using.
it's not the watts it's the U.V output that is important ,

most people are a little hard for money right now, your clients are included in this so why rip them off with only part of the system that they are paying for?
The new CND lamp is fab and totaly worth the money ,
with intragrated fan, removabale lead, 5 finger cure, carry handle, removable ledge for feet , digital count down timer , bulb use memory , and other things I personaly think it's money well spent!

Hi could someone please tell me how much the lamp is please? I have just qualified and waiting for my tutor to email sweet squared so I can order but she is taken her time :(
I'm booked on the shellac course and can't wait but want to know so I know how much to save for or more to the point how long it will take me to save :))
Posted via Mobile Device

Just give S2 a ring for the price hun, and if the reds wouldn't cure at all would you not also suspect that the lighter colours may also no be fully cured?

I was just curious no sense in being rude about it. im sure not all of you are perfect either. I just know that the lights are on back order in us and i have clients waiting so thought that maybe it was worth a try. But thanks for the input....i have already paid for the light and the system just dont have the light yet

No one was actually being rude - maybe more frustration than rudeness. This question has been asked probably every single day since Shellac was released and some people have a bit "banging their head against a brick wall" kind of feeling.

Latest posts

Back