Shellac layering advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zooks

Reaction score
Hi Geeks

Ive been doing Shellac for a few months but have only just felt brave enough to start playing with layering. I have been looking at Hollys Combos on her facebook page, can you tell me if its just one layer of each colour? Or do you need to do two of certain ones?

Thankyou

:)

Hi Geeks

Ive been doing Shellac for a few months but have only just felt brave enough to start playing with layering. I have been looking at Hollys Combos on her facebook page, can you tell me if its just one layer of each colour? Or do you need to do two of certain ones?

Thankyou

:)

It's always better to do 2 coats of your base colour this will give you a much better overall finish and normally 1 coat of your layering colour.

IF I get good coverage with my base color I only do one coat. Most colors do need two coats, though. HTH! :)

Thanks Guys, big help :)

I do one coat of each colour which is what I was taught on my Shellac course. It works beautifully.

Have fun . . . endless possibilities now eh? I have about 20 bottles but over 80 shades now thanks to the layering techniques.

Latest posts

Back