Shellac nail art

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kayyz

Reaction score
I've been shellac and using CND products four years now but only just opening my world up too the nail art and pure glitter usage ..what's people's best tricks for pure glitter nails? And layering?

I get some foil and mix glitter with clear topcoat or a shellac colour and mix and then use a brush to apply.
Or I use tape and do shapes and brush the glitter on

When you say pure glitter nails do you just mean a nail covered with glitter?

With shellac do your
prep as normal,
base coat,
2 colour coats cured (some people only use one layer of colour)
Then use a dry brush to dip it in your glitter and pat it into the sticky layer of the cured shellac
I then seal it in with a layer of clearly pink (not over white as it will change the colour)
Top coat as normal x

When you say pure glitter nails do you just mean a nail covered with glitter?

With shellac do your
prep as normal,
base coat,
2 colour coats cured (some people only use one layer of colour)
Then use a dry brush to dip it in your glitter and pat it into the sticky layer of the cured shellac
I then seal it in with a layer of clearly pink (not over white as it will change the colour)
Top coat as normal x

Can I ask why you use clearly pink?

We use clearly pink to prevent glitter getting into your topcoat

I do base, 2 color coats then with dry brush pat glitter on areas you want then use brush to burnish glitter into polish. Smooth it all out and then use a shellac top coat. I have a special top coat that I use just for glitter nails.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    577.6 KB · Views: 17
Have a look at CNDs YouTube channel.
There are also nail at classes you can attend including the new Lecente glitter class!!

I use clearly pink then top coat rather than two top coat layers to make removal easier but retaining the smoothness created by two clear coats over the glitter x

Latest posts

Back