Shellac not lasting?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xoxo

Reaction score
Hi,
A regular client has been having shellac for over 2 years now.
She really looks after her nails. However shellac rarely lasts her a week.
She has been having them done weekly but we want to find the cause of the problem.
The only thing that has been suggested that could cause it to lift is that she has the contraceptive implant and takes the pill.

Has anyone else heard of this affecting shellac before?x

Shellac isn't for everyone I found this problem with my mum
Knowin her aftercare we couldn't find a reason so we tried brisa lite smoothing gel and now it lasts ;-)

We have tried the brisa lite smoothing before and it lasted about 10 days.
I will that again tho x

Hi,
A regular client has been having shellac for over 2 years now.
She really looks after her nails. However shellac rarely lasts her a week.
She has been having them done weekly but we want to find the cause of the problem.
The only thing that has been suggested that could cause it to lift is that she has the contraceptive implant and takes the pill.

Has anyone else heard of this affecting shellac before?x

I've got the contraceptive implant myself, and have been using Shellac for many years and it hasn't affected it one bit. Also my nails are in great condition, so I can get away with just wearing Shellac alone. If the BL Smoothing Gel doesn't last when you try it again, maybe try BL Sculpting Gel or is it anything shes doing? Is she following aftercare? Using SolarOil?

Shakira x

You mention that she has the implant and takes the pill. I'm assuming you mean the contraceptive pill too? Without sounding too nosey, has she said why she's on types of contraceptions? Maybe the reason she's on x2 could be a cause for lifting nails?
Kate x

She's really good with her aftercare and a religious solar oil user.
She originally just had the implant but now takes the contraceptive pill as well to control bleeding x

I would continue using the brisa smoothing gel and recommend that she sticks to certain colours. I've found that anything sparkly is stronger and the most of the newer colours are stronger (especially dark dahlia and grape gum).

I have 2 clients like this. One client has normal good condition nails but it won't last. The other client has extremely oily skin. The First Lady can go two weeks if I use nail fresh, however even with brisa lite the second lady won't get a week. So were trying nail extensions next time x

Latest posts

Back