Shellac on acrylics??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LISA A

Reaction score
I am thinking of adding Shellac to my treatments, but 99% of my clients have acrylic enhancements. All the information i have read relates to natural nails. Has anyone used shellac on acrylics? What about the removal, would this affect the acrylic. I understand it quite an expensive outlay so not sure it is worth it for my clients?

I am thinking of adding Shellac to my treatments, but 99% of my clients have acrylic enhancements. All the information i have read relates to natural nails. Has anyone used shellac on acrylics? What about the removal, would this affect the acrylic. I understand it quite an expensive outlay so not sure it is worth it for my clients?

I have shellac over my l & p and I think that it lasts longer over it. I love it as it doesnt chip over l & p, but you will need to charge extra. As for soaking it off when I soaked my last lot off I didnt leave the wraps on that long so they didnt soak all of my l & p off. It started to penetrate through the acrylic but just buffed it until no lifting and then applied more acrylic, then shellac. Once your clients see the lovely colours over there enhancements im sure they will agree its worth the extra money. Although polish lasts well over l & p, I feel that the smooth sleekness of shellac is second to done.

I have shellac over my l & p and I think that it lasts longer over it. I love it as it doesnt chip over l & p, but you will need to charge extra. As for soaking it off when I soaked my last lot off I didnt leave the wraps on that long so they didnt soak all of my l & p off. It started to penetrate through the acrylic but just buffed it until no lifting and then applied more acrylic, then shellac. Once your clients see the lovely colours over there enhancements im sure they will agree its worth the extra money. Although polish lasts well over l & p, I feel that the smooth sleekness of shellac is second to done.

thanks for that info, do you mind me asking how much extra you charge.

Yes, you could use Shellac over L&P enhancements. If you want to rebalance you can just buff off the Shellac.

If the bulk of your clients are enhancement clients, by investing in Shellac, you will get a whole new clientelle.

I was like you and found that 99% of my clients were gel clients, but since Shellac I have a lot of new clients that just have no interest in enhancements.

Shellac is well worth the investment and I made my money back on it in a matter of weeks... I think it was either 6 or 8 weeks.

It looks beautiful on toes too and the shine is just amazing, so even your L&P clients will want their toes done too and the great thing is that there is zero dry time, so they can have their toes Shellaced in winter and then pop on their shoes or boots and off they go!!

Latest posts

Back