Shellac or Gelish?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why does everyone get into these debates? The OP is looking for our help and advice and the benefit of our experience so that she can make a hard decision about training. Does it really matter what they are made of? Both are great products and offer brilliant training. That is why a lot of salons carry both!

Have you made a decision on your training?

I am sorry you interpreted this as a debate. Much as I do love a good debate - and I'd love to hear one about the merits of each company's training - I didn't think of this as one since it wasn't about our opinions but simply the facts. I was concerned that a poster had (repeatedly) given the OP incorrect information that 1. she might repeat to her embarrassment and detriment, and 2. might cause her to make a bad decision.

Last edited:
I trained with Gelish and their support was fab, cant fault it.
But to throw a spanner on the works I use Gel II now and its brill :D

Which is more popular? I am looking into training in one or the other, which would you consider to be the best to train in or are they pretty much the same?
i offer both shellac and artistic colour gloss. i used to offer gelish but found that it didnt last on most clients.

I trained with both companies and found BOTH their training fantastic. The after support great and I offer both shellac and gelish in my salon. If im 100% honest when it comes down to my clients preference 9 out of 10 these days goes for gelish wether its a gel manicure or on top of extensions. Alot of my regulars have tried both but seem to waver more towards the gelish so I invest slightly more in gelish now... hth xx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Well, I'm now booked on my manicure course.
I keep changing my mind which gel polish I want to train with!!

I have been using Shellac since it launched but have recently discovered Gel II™ and find it lasts way longer! (I tried Gelish but didn't like it as I found the colours too sheer) they also do colour changing Gel II™ and their colour range is amazing xx

I've been reading lots of good reviews on Gel II, if I did a generic Gel Polish course, can I basically use any brand I like?

Shellac IS NOT A GEL POLISH! Gelish is ! Gelish came out after Shellac they tried to copy it but they can't copy their formula!

Sent from my SM-G900V using SalonGeek mobile app

Erm no one mentioned GEL POLISH before your comment?

Sounds like someone's done Shellac course and taken everything they said as gospel and the rest are just liars

Glad you got your answers op, I personally find gelish gives longer lasting results but both have their pros and cons

Latest posts

Back