Shellac or NSI Polish Pro

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

muppet772

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have just registered on the site and was after some advice. I have always used NSI products for nails and when they launched the Polish Pro range I decided to invest in that.

However, I hear everyone talking about Shellac and wondered what people's views are on the two systems and which people see as the better one.

Thanks for your help,
Ceri

I luv shellac. I use it on 70% of my clients and get new ones asking for it by name everyday! Never used NSI before so I can't comment on that. You have to purchase the CND lamp tho. Kinda pricey (but worth every penny). the thing I like most about CND is the advertising they do. I get at least 5 people a week that call and ask for it by name. I have been trying to get on their salon locator but have yet to b successful. but people are doing Internet searches for it and they find me thru my blog mostly. :) luv luv luv shellac! Shoot.... Luv luv luv CND!!! :)

Keri Hemba
Social Agenda Salon
Jackson, MS USA
[email protected]
Visit my blog at
http://uniquenailsbykeri.blog.com

Find me Facebook!

Hi I use shellac and it's fab, haven't tried the polish pro so can't comment on that....for me personally I find the colour range restrictive (yes I know they have some more colours coming out soon, can't wait!) so i've been looking into gelish as they have a wide range of colours HTH x

I use Gelish and absolutely love it, and so do my clients! Fabulous flawless finish that lasts very well and of course, they have a fantastic range of colours to choose from :)

I too have been using Gelish.
My intention was to offer Shellac to my clients but there were a few teething problems so ended up getting Gelish instead.
I believe all the teething problems have now been sorted out & would still consider getting Shellac as well.
Hoping to see them at Excel in Feb.

ive used nsi pro polish and i have to say i wasnt that impressed by it. i have used shellac but have tried gelish and compared to it, it is a lot thicker and the coverage was no where near as good as gelish. I didnt really like the brush on the bottles, they were really soft and made it difficult to apply the pro polish. Gelish also has a larger range of colours.

I know their will be loads of people who like the pro polish i would definatley suggest seeing/doing a demo of both as you never really know until you try it yourself. everyones opinions will vary. hope this has helped.

ive used nsi pro polish and i have to say i wasnt that impressed by it. i have used shellac but have tried gelish and compared to it, it is a lot thicker and the coverage was no where near as good as gelish. I didnt really like the brush on the bottles, they were really soft and made it difficult to apply the pro polish. Gelish also has a larger range of colours.

I know their will be loads of people who like the pro polish i would definatley suggest seeing/doing a demo of both as you never really know until you try it yourself. everyones opinions will vary. hope this has helped.

I agree to ur last paragraph. Bc me (personally) i have not found any of those problems with Shellac since my new lamp. So I agree.... Try b4 u buy. Everyone is different :)

Keri Hemba
Social Agenda Salon
Jackson, MS USA
[email protected]
Visit my blog at

Find me Facebook!

Just so you know, we've changed the brush based on nail techs' feedback. It is now shorter and people really seem to like it. Where did you get your Polish Pro? You could probably request a new brush for the bottles you already have. We have been sending some out to distributors.

Just so you know, we've changed the brush based on nail techs' feedback. It is now shorter and people really seem to like it. Where did you get your Polish Pro? You could probably request a new brush for the bottles you already have. We have been sending some out to distributors.

Hmmm Very impressive. A company that not only listens to its customers but acts on it too. :green:

Hmmm Very impressive. A company that not only listens to its customers but acts on it too. :green:

Yeah! Despite all your testing, sometimes you just don't get it right until it is out in the field. Thanks to all the techs who brought it to our attention :hug:

No I didn't know that. The brush was the only real issue I had when applying the product. I'll let me boss know and she can contact nsi at hillington, glasgow. Thanks for this.

I luv shellac. I use it on 70% of my clients and get new ones asking for it by name everyday! Never used NSI before so I can't comment on that. You have to purchase the CND lamp tho. Kinda pricey (but worth every penny). the thing I like most about CND is the advertising they do. I get at least 5 people a week that call and ask for it by name. I have been trying to get on their salon locator but have yet to b successful. but people are doing Internet searches for it and they find me thru my blog mostly. :) luv luv luv shellac! Shoot.... Luv luv luv CND!!! :)

Keri Hemba
Social Agenda Salon
Jackson, MS USA
[email protected]
Visit my blog at

Find me Facebook!

- why do you need the CND lamp? I dont use Shellac although Im looking into it and thought it was just light cured???

- why do you need the CND lamp? I dont use Shellac although Im looking into it and thought it was just light cured???

The intensity of your lamp (and I don't mean wattage) makes a big difference with shellac. Plus it's a five finger cure with angled bulbs for thumbs. I've used shellac with and without the CND lamp and I'm a believer that it's necessary.

Latest posts

Back