Shellac over enhancements?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3 WISHES

Reaction score
ok ok I know there are LOADS of threads about shellac but I have searched for ages and cannot find what I am looking for. So here goes can you put shellac over l and p and gel? on the creative website it says you can if you go on to the step by steps. Can somebody please help!!! Thanks x x x

The answer is there!

Yes you can. But you need to remove it with acetone and that will affect an l&p. It shouldn't affect a buff off gel but it will affect a soak off gel.

From what I have been told as well, you dont need to apply the base coat if you are applying on top of l&p (not sure about gels!!).

brilliant thankyou I have just ordered my shellac cant wait for it to get here now lol xx

Yes you CAN ... but Why would you use it over enhancements anyway? Polish lasts 2-3 weeks over enhancements ESPECIALLY if you sell the client a bottle of Super Shiny or Air Dry to maintain it.

If you use Shellac over enhancements you have to buff it off (which is obvious) .. polish is much easier over enhancements ... MUCH cheaper for you to apply and lasts just as long.

I think I read that it's an idea to buff it off L&P.

Yes you CAN ... but Why would you use it over enhancements anyway? Polish lasts 2-3 weeks over enhancements ESPECIALLY if you sell the client a bottle of Super Shiny or Air Dry to maintain it.

If you use Shellac over enhancements you have to buff it off (which is obvious) .. polish is much easier over enhancements ... MUCH cheaper for you to apply and lasts just as long.
It's purley for myself lol i have enhancements on at the moment and didnt want to soak them off and I know when my order comes i will be like a child and want to put it on me straight away and I also have gel on my toes thanks though geeg xx

It's purley for myself lol i have enhancements on at the moment and didnt want to soak them off and I know when my order comes i will be like a child and want to put it on me straight away and I also have gel on my toes thanks though geeg xx

Well you won't see what Shellac can really do for your NEW manicure clients unless you try it yourself on your natural nails (or at least a few of them). You can't test how wonderful a product Shellac is on top of enhancements.

ok geeg done deal the closest person to me when i get my shellac will be SHELLACED lol im so excited i LOVE it when NEW PRODUCTS come out i really cannot contain my excitement x

exactley why would you do that?? polish on my clients enhancements looks as good as when they left to when the come for fills lol

exactley why would you do that?? polish on my clients enhancements looks as good as when they left to when the come for fills lol

Exactly my point.

Quote Gigi ... Yes you CAN ... but Why would you use it over enhancements anyway? Polish lasts 2-3 weeks over enhancements ESPECIALLY if you sell the client a bottle of Super Shiny or Air Dry to maintain it.

Does anyone ever read the whole thread before they answer?? :)

Latest posts

Back