Shellac repairs - do you charge?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beauty geek 84

Reaction score
As the title says, how do you go about clients who ring, back and say oh my nails have chipped when u know you have followed the procedure?

I dont want to loose clients as I'm only starting out but at a loss as what to say when they ring saying its chipped. Its driving me mad!

I usually do repairs free of charge. What proportion are having chipping?

xx

I do repairs free but I am thinking I might limit it to the first seven days. Although I know the ones that chip them it is thier fault I would rather they loved shellac and keep coming back xx

We charge for shellac repairs. Every client is given an aftercare sheet and it states on there that repairs are chargeable.
If you email geeg, I'm sure she'll send you a copy of the aftercare leaflet. You just need to change the phone number and salon details on it.

mmm this seems to be happening to my friend QUITE OFTEN :[
gelish doesnt stay on.. OPI gel polish doesnt stay on... gelish with structure gel.. only 7 fingers made it and its been 2 days!!! T___________T

gelish doesnt stay on.. OPI gel polish doesnt stay on... gelish with structure gel.. only 7 fingers made it and its been 2 days!!! T___________T

This might be down to PEP and/or application

As the title says, how do you go about clients who ring, back and say oh my nails have chipped when u know you have followed the procedure?

I dont want to loose clients as I'm only starting out but at a loss as what to say when they ring saying its chipped. Its driving me mad!

If you have followed procedure sweetie then it's got to be aftercare. Email Geeg and make sure you give every single one an aftercare sheet. If it doesn't have it on there then you can add that all repairs are chargeable , xx

Does your friend pay you full price for her nails?

If she's getting them for free or a very reduced price I would suggest she's just not valuing and caring for them.

If she had to pay full price for them you might see that they last her the full two weeks lol.

There are people who just can't seem to keep anything on their nails.

And there are quite a lot of people who just mis-treat their nails.

Jacqui xx

Does your friend pay you full price for her nails?

If she's getting them for free or a very reduced price I would suggest she's just not valuing and caring for them.

If she had to pay full price for them you might see that they last her the full two weeks lol.

This is so very true.....I hardly did any FOC for that very reason. You value what you pay for.

i usually do repairs for free,within reason... say within the first week.. actually if it's a really good client and they seldom have problems ... you know the client who is a dream and only an odd time, for whatever random reason has a chip or 2... i would take off all the nails and re-do for free...happy clients are worth it, they recommend you to a world of people...and the re do looks perfect as opposed to a touch up ..but as i said before that would only be within the first week...

Latest posts

Back