Shellac rings - jewellery!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Omg this is amazing. Im sooo orderung this tomorrow. So excited x

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

A few little ones to test with ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1384463614.516719.jpg

Fantastic!!! Where did you get the rings themselves? The ones I saw on ebay didn't look at nice on the shoulders xx

Sent from my BatPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

Thank you!

I found these on ebay, but haven't found any since :(

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Right going to sound really stupid here...but would so like to have a go at these 😃 my question is when using shellac I take it u just cure in the lamp like u normally would? ☺

Thank you!

I found these on ebay, but haven't found any since :(

Oh greedy, buying them all lol!! I shall have to widen my search to etsy :)

I know lol try just searching google for ring bases and the size some jewellery maling sites may have them. That's where I found my bases for 8mm round ones x

Right going to sound really stupid here...but would so like to have a go at these 😃 my question is when using shellac I take it u just cure in the lamp like u normally would? ☺

Yep! I attach the cabochon to bluetac so it sticks in lamp and doesn't swivel all over the place plus you can hold it and not get shellac all over youself lol

Then I paint the base and place in the lamp and cure then repest til I'm done.

Here are some of my attempts. My rings haven't arrived yet to attach the stones. I also feel these are a bit big for a ring so I have ordered some smaller oval ones. Maybe I could use as pendant. I love experimenting though. In fact it's making me want to take up jewellery making now lol x ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1384472608.316710.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1384472621.411409.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1384472634.494998.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1384472652.076162.jpg

Yep! I attach the cabochon to bluetac so it sticks in lamp and doesn't swivel all over the place plus you can hold it and not get shellac all over youself lol

Then I paint the base and place in the lamp and cure then repest til I'm done.

Ah thank you for that. Better get on eBay and order before they all go lol

View attachment 47880

Just created my first one! I can see this is going to be addictive!

This is Shellac™ in Rubble & Gold VIP Status ❤️❤️

Sent from my iPhone 5S using SalonGeek mobile app

This is fabulous! Well done :)

Would you mind posting a step by step of how you achieved it pretty please? X

What size of the glass bead things do people get?? Unsure which to select x

Nicola! Xxx

I buy my rings from ebay or etsy and there's different ways of making them, either by adding the shellac etc and then a cabochon or by using l&p or hard gel... Trial and error and depends on look

Here few I've done

Hi Maz,

Would you mind explaining how you would make the cabochon out of L&P & Hard Gel, please, i've ordered some of the glass cabochon's but would love to be able to make my own :biggrin: xx

This is fabulous! Well done :)

Would you mind posting a step by step of how you achieved it pretty please? X

Thanks!!

I literally paint the flat side of the cabachon and do it in reverse. So after base coat start at the top. I did Gold VIP Status first, then 2 coats of Rubble. I sealed it with Brisa Lite Top Coat, then stick it to the "ring" part xx

Hi Maz,

Would you mind explaining how you would make the cabochon out of L&P & Hard Gel, please, i've ordered some of the glass cabochon's but would love to be able to make my own :biggrin: xx

Yea will do, I just need to get over this laryngitis then will hun as I'm avoiding l&p till bit better... cos when used it other day had to use my inhaler :) x

18mm x 13mm

Here's a pic of it on to get an idea xx

View attachment 47886

I think I just bought the same rings as you, only I got 25 x 18mm...thinking they'll be way too big now though!! Trial and error to a degree I guess...xx

I think I just bought the same rings as you, only I got 25 x 18mm...thinking they'll be way too big now though!! Trial and error to a degree I guess...xx

It'll look fab whatever the size I'm sure! Have fun...it's addictive! xx

Yea will do, I just need to get over this laryngitis then will hun as I'm avoiding l&p till bit better... cos when used it other day had to use my inhaler :) x

Aww! poor thing, yeah you get better :) xx

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1384536851.062738.jpg my little set up and some I've just done. Glad I kept my mini lamp now, so handy to just pop over while curing! I just stick the cabochon to the blue tack while painting =) ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1384537081.763658.jpg some where inspired by other geeks, hope you don't mind!

Latest posts

Back