Shellac rings - jewellery!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[QUOTE=Nails thank you nails. It was the ones you had found. Xx

I've just bought these

square domes TOP QUALITY 20 or 10 x ROUND OVAL SQUARE CLEAR GLASS DOMED CABOCHONS SIZE CHOICE | eBay
and
square rings 5 Antique Bronze Tone Adjustable Square Ring ~18.3mm fits a 20x20mm cabochon | eBay

and this glue that was recommended E6000 GLUE INDUSTRIAL STRENGHT CRAFT JEWELLERY PHONE CASES RHINESTONE GEM BLING | eBay

I did see some lovely ring bases on Etsy but they are from Shanghai but i cant wait for them (too impatient! lol)

Someone's gonna have fun :)

To anyone who has done this before do you recommend doing the design on the glass dome Cabochon or within the tray part of the ring blank.

Also would you lightly sand the surface of the dome Cabochon to help with adhesion?

To anyone who has done this before do you recommend doing the design on the glass dome Cabochon or within the tray part of the ring blank.

Also would you lightly sand the surface of the dome Cabochon to help with adhesion?

I apply the design to the back of the cabochon, working backwards than you would a nail - so a glitter if you wanted with the background colour after etc.

I have also lightly sanded the plate of the ring base before applying the adhesive so it has something to grip. Although no sanding hasn't made a difference as far as I know, I just like to be safe lol x

I apply the design to the back of the cabochon, working backwards than you would a nail - so a glitter if you wanted with the background colour after etc.

I have also lightly sanded the plate of the ring base before applying the adhesive so it has something to grip. Although no sanding hasn't made a difference as far as I know, I just like to be safe lol x

Can i use gelish and cure or should i stick to normal polish

i've got lots of ideas just want to make sure i dont bugger it up :)

I do what Claire 83 does and i use my spare gelish base coat to get a sticky layer. I got a cheap bag of 20mm glass stones from B&M( 89p for a huge bag )to practise designs, some glitters look better than others.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Professional nail adhesive doesn't stick as well to metal, this glue tho takes a time to dry is better as it's made for this sort of thing and comes highly recommended by crafters.

If your selling to clients you need to know you've used the best and right products because if you bang the ring and you use nail adhesive which is a brittle glue the cabochons will just comes out, using e6000 which is flexible and designed for metal and other products it's less likely to.

I've been doing art and craft and similar for many many years wey before I became a professional nail tech so something's I know

Yes I use Shellac or Gelish to do it all. But you can use regular polish uf you want. And I used a jewellery adhesive for attaching the cabochon to the base.

Also just want to mention

If you sell these rings to people make sure they have no metal, nickel allergies etc, right on their record card you've asked and sold a silver coloured or gold coloured non sterling siler/9ct true gold ring... State sold as non precious metal/stone and as such can tarnish loose colour on metal and sold as a occ ring and not to be worn all the time and get them to sign it. So if they come back and say my ring isn't silver coloured now you can state you did tell them and they signed saying they new this.

Thanks for the advice maz, i havent sold any yet ive just made them for myself, family and loyal customers who have asked for 1. It never crossed my mind to use l & p till i saw yours which i am going to try next.
Look forward to your tutorial.

If you sell these rings to people make sure they have no metal, nickel allergies etc, right on their record card you've asked and sold a silver coloured or gold coloured non sterling siler/9ct true gold ring... State sold as non precious metal/stone and as such can tarnish loose colour on metal and sold as a occ ring and not to be worn all the time and get them to sign it. So if they come back and say my ring isn't silver coloured now you can state you did tell them and they signed saying they new this.

Very good point Maz.

I'm allergic to nickel, back in the old days i used to get a terriable rash on my tummy if i wore jeans cos the metal button used to iritate my skin, same for costume jewellery. But I'm fine with these things now, as i was told those sorts of items (constant contact with skin) are not legally allowed to have nickel in the metal anymore. (allegedly)

I feel that this is slightly over kill. I know you should prob still do it , but isn't it sad its how people Are now days that we feel we need to cover our backs at every step?

I mean you don't need to sign an allergy waver when you shop at Claire's .

Anyway some of the rings are quite cute , you can also by acrylic rings from etsy or eBay , x

Yea agree but better overkill than someone comes back after wearing their lovely matching ring for that special eve and saying...... The silver is tarnishing or fading and it's going copper coloured you never said so I want my money back please...

I've learnt over many years that occ you have people who will try it on...

I love doing rings to match my nails they r so easy & cheap. I had so much nail art stuff that i didnt use so i bought cabochon clear glass stones & played. Im addicted now.
Ive even done necklaces for my nieces.

They all look fab, what are the pendant chains called? what would I search for?, thanks x

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1384431749.703029.jpg

Just created my first one! I can see this is going to be addictive!

This is Shellac™ in Rubble & Gold VIP Status ❤️❤️

Sent from my iPhone 5S using SalonGeek mobile app

View attachment 47880

Just created my first one! I can see this is going to be addictive!

This is Shellac™ in Rubble & Gold VIP Status ❤️❤️

Lovely, what glue did you use please? I've temp stuck mine with superglue but they don't feel very sturdy!

Just a generic superglue. It says "for plastic, metal, rubber, leather, glass & ceramic"! xx

Latest posts

Back