Shellac Rockstar

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yummy mummy

Reaction score
Hello!! I have been playing around with two new glitters but am a bit disappointed! I bought chocolate irresistible glitter and put it over rubble and the black holographic which I put over onyx. They look a little washed out. Completely my fault I have used the wrong base colour. What do you guys recommend?! Does anyone have any photos? Especially of the brown? Thanks x

do you want to put some photos up so we can have a look??

just had a look at the colour glitters you used and it may be the pics on s2 but they look a little flat to me in the pots. i tend to add a litle silver to black glitter so that its not so dense. although i would probably add gold to the brown hth

I get this when I use a dark brown glitter I find the top coat clouds the colour not giving it a sharp look not sure how do prevent this tho xx

i've seen a picture of the chocolate glitter over fedora in the "what nails are you sporting today" it looked subtle but still glittery, not sure I would say flat... I liked it!

Thanks Souz for taking the time to look. The black I have is holographic so plenty of colour but I expected it to be really black whereas it looks more grey even possibly bit green!! I was excited for the chocolate thought it would be really rich but seems bit boring. Can see background colour through it. Bet it would look lush with a bit of gold in though! Good idea! I have taken pics just on colour pops but need to work out how to put them on here! Xc

i've seen a picture of the chocolate glitter over fedora in the "what nails are you sporting today" it looked subtle but still glittery, not sure I would say flat... I liked it!

Thanks not seen that post will scour through! Fedora will prob be better as darker than rubble x

just had a look at the colour glitters you used and it may be the pics on s2 but they look a little flat to me in the pots. i tend to add a litle silver to black glitter so that its not so dense. although i would probably add gold to the brown hth

The black holographic glitter is far from flat! It definitely doesn't need anything adding.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using SalonGeek

Hello!! I have been playing around with two new glitters but am a bit disappointed! I bought chocolate irresistible glitter and put it over rubble and the black holographic which I put over onyx. They look a little washed out. Completely my fault I have used the wrong base colour. What do you guys recommend?! Does anyone have any photos? Especially of the brown? Thanks x

I often use the black holographic over Asphalt and I've never had an issue with it looking flat. Are you new to doing rockstar or just having issues with these particular shades?

I often use the black holographic over Asphalt and I've never had an issue with it looking flat. Are you new to doing rockstar or just having issues with these particular shades?

Hey thanks for replying. I am fairly new but the others I've done have been gorgeous! I bought salmon and did over tropix, bought dark pink glitter and did over one of the pinks, did chunky red glitter over Hollywood and silver glitter over silver. These all looked fab! I was really excited about these two shades but the black looks a bit grey and the brown just a bit dull?! I think it's my background colours?! X

Hey thanks for replying. I am fairly new but the others I've done have been gorgeous! I bought salmon and did over tropix, bought dark pink glitter and did over one of the pinks, did chunky red glitter over Hollywood and silver glitter over silver. These all looked fab! I was really excited about these two shades but the black looks a bit grey and the brown just a bit dull?! I think it's my background colours?! X

I really don't think it can be doing it over Onyx, that should be fine with the black. Did you remove the inhibition layer fully? X

Yes just done it on colour pops and went over twice with disperse. I only did one layer of onyx maybe try two? Just hasn't come out black enough?! I am tempted to go buy blackpool to put under?! They don't look really bad think I was just do excited for my two new colours and not turned out as vivid as I'd hoped!! X

Yes I'd try two colour coats, maybe your one coat was a bit thin x

Thank you. I only do the one coat cos am so terrified of it being too thick as its always drummed into us to keep it thin! Guess I need to have a play around on myself! Will def try 2 coats for black and try the chocolate on a darker background! Thanks again for taking the time to reply x

Try not to think too much about applying it thinly or you'll definitely to it too thin. It should be applied as you would apply normal polish. You're just over thinking it. Let us know how you get on when you try again. X

Ha ha I do tend to over think! Got a bit of OCD over it all!! Totally off subject but hope u don't mind another quick question?! Was gonna try brown over fedora as someone suggested but my fedora near end of bottle. I did a girls nails in it and it seemed too thick and they chipped within days. I redid FOC same colour and did same again. Could see as soon as I'd done it looked thick and seemed thick in bottle. I redid FOC again in a different colour and she's had it in for 3 weeks perfect! Is this a common thing at the end of the bottle?! I have tried shaking etc. daren't use it again am tempted to throw it x

Hi, I did some Fedora rockstar nails the other day, they came out really super sparkly. I can't post it as I'm on my mobile but they are on my facebook page, if you search mandyhurrell.co.uk and go into the rockstar album. Hth xx

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using SalonGeek

From experience I find using a neutral colour for rockstar makes the glitter 'pop' that bit more. My choice for under colour is Iced Coral (don't curse me but its my least favourite and my least popular colour!). I found using say Red Baroness with a red glitter made the glitter deepen, but on a more neutral colour it really sparkles the true colour of the glitter.

HTH :D

Hi, I did some Fedora rockstar nails the other day, they came out really super sparkly. I can't post it as I'm on my mobile but they are on my facebook page, if you search mandyhurrell.co.uk and go into the rockstar album. Hth xx

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using SalonGeek

Thank you I have just had a look ( and also liked your page while I was there :)) and your nails all look great and the chocolate definitely looks much better over the fedora than the rubble that I did! Problem solved thanks! X

Latest posts

Back